Weatherby Accuguard Reviews?

AceHighFlush

Lots of great info on this forum. I have viewed many posts and would like to engage. I am really intrigued by the Weatherby Accuguard rifles and I cannot find a single review anywhere. I realize they are pretty new to the market, but are readily available and am surprised there aren't a few reviews out there.

I will probably pull the trigger on one soon, but would love to hear from someone who has shot one. I have handled one and used to own an Accumark, which Weatherby claims to be the Mark V comparison. Honestly, I like the feel of the Accuguard better, as it is a pound heavier, which I like for recoil reduction in .300 win or other fairly heavy calibers.

Any info would be appreciated!

Lots of great info on this forum. I have viewed many posts and would like to engage. I am really intrigued by the Weatherby Accuguard rifles and I cannot find a single review anywhere. I realize they are pretty new to the market, but are readily available and am surprised there aren't a few reviews out there.

I will probably pull the trigger on one soon, but would love to hear from someone who has shot one. I have handled one and used to own an Accumark, which Weatherby claims to be the Mark V comparison. Honestly, I like the feel of the Accuguard better, as it is a pound heavier, which I like for recoil reduction in .300 win or other fairly heavy calibers.

Any info would be appreciated!

its just a more expensive version of the vanguard. is not a bad out of the box rife but i believe it still sports a hammer forged barrel which has its limits.

Ace, try the Weatherby Nation forum for hands on experience with the Accuguard. Seems like the Vanguard offerings are certainly getting pricey. They reportedly now offer a better accuracy guarantee to go with the price increase.

Thanks for your input; good point. I love the action and stock, as well as the bedding/floating. I've had very good results in the field and at the range with the non-floated #2 profile barrels on other Vanguards (and Howa's, for that matter, which I believe have the same barrel manufacturing process/location).

If it shoots groups that are acceptable for occasionally shooting steel at 800-1000 yards and I'm comfortable shooting game out to 500-600 yards, do you think there would there be a practical advantage of buying an aftermarket barrel that's button/cut rifled or another rifle in a similar price range that features that?

If it shoots groups that are acceptable for occasionally shooting steel at 800-1000 yards and I'm comfortable shooting game out to 500-600 yards, do you think there would there be a practical advantage of buying an aftermarket barrel that's button/cut rifled or another rifle in a similar price range that features that?

No.

Every one of my Vanguards shoots sub-moa with factory ammo, and all but 1 are the original version. Some shoot much better than that. All are free-floated and in aftermarket stocks (B&C). I shoot them to 500 yards, which is the max distance I have available, with no problems. I suspect that you would do well, and that no aftermarket barrel would help unless you want 800+ yard precision on a regular basis.

Shoot it first, and then see what happens. I suspect you will be very pleased.

For the price of an Accuguard I wouldn't hesitate to try one out. I believe they have the same stock as the Accumark, which is an excellent stock. These have a pretty heavy barrel on them (same contour as Accumark), so they weigh about a pound more than your average hunting rifle. They get good reviews and they come with a good stock and trigger. Can't ask for much more from a factory gun. My Accumark shoots 1/2 to 3/4 MOA with hand loads and I'd expect somewhat similar performance from the Accuguard.

morning, I have an accu-mark in 340wb. shoots .500 all day long, if I do my

part. straight out of the box. the 340wb in my opinion is the ultimate

weatherby caliber. I have 2. no apologies for liking weatherby. THK. u lightbulb:)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.