Weatherby Accuguard

waspocrew

All,
I'm considering another build and had thought about using the Vanguard S2 action as the base. While searching Weatherby's website, I came across the "Accuguard" and I was curious to see if anyone has experience with this particular rifle?

Weatherby | Vanguard® Accuguard

I've never had experience with a Weatherby rifle before - does this rifle seem like a good buy? I have yet to find one at a local shop to handle, but have heard Cabela's carries them for around $850-ish.

I have the original Vanguard and it is very accurate. It is very well made, as Howa has always been built well. The only thing I would change if I could, would be the metric action threads. No smith in my area is setup for metric. But... PacNor makes very good prefit barrels for them...

I had heard that some gunsmiths have issues with the metric threads... Thanks for the heads up on PacNor - I'll have to look into that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.