weather meters

angus-5024

I dont own a weather meter. Im poor. need to know if the brunton wind (temp/wind speed) would be adequate for a first meter and shooting out to 600-700 yards. I dont want to spend the money on a krestel 3500 just yet, simply because i dont have the money right know and i want to practice lots before I try a long shot. so the question is not what would you do if you had the money or wanted to save... the question is WILL A CHEAPER WEATHER METER WORK FOR A 600-700 YARD SHOT. I dont have the rifle or range finder for any farther anyway.
and yes i know i should get a krestel, but i cant (wheres the frowning smily???)
thanks

jordan

I use a Kestrel 1000. It only reads wind.

At sometime in my life it came to my attention that water freeze at 32 degrees so I can usually figure out if water is frozen or not and then I know if it is really cold or only somewhat cold. If I am wearing only a T-shirt while hunting it means I am stupid and forgot my coat or else it is about 75 degrees or more. :D

In other words, I usually have a good idea of the temperature and do not feel a lot of need for extreme accuracy in measuring it. Wind on the other hand is very important and you need to have a good meter.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts