Wby MV 2 piece base

osprey

Would anyone be able to recommend a 2 piece base for my Accumark. I'm planning on using Leupold MKIV rings or similar. Scope is VXIII 4.5-14x50. Weatherby sells a Talley tactical 2 piece base, but I havn't seen much else. Thanks.

First, to answer your question........Leupold makes 2 piece bases. You can also use any (as far as I know) one or two piece base(s) for a remmington long action.

I use Badger Ordnance picatinny rails on my Wby actions. (They are listed as made for remmington long action.) Then you can use any Weaver style rings. Badger, Night Force, Burris Signature are good ones.

The single piece rail is expensive, but I believe it is much more solid than two piece mounts. It also gives you much greater flexability with your scope placement and allows you mount other items, such as angle indicators or levels to the rail.

Thank you for the advice, I think I will look at a one piece base, much appreciated! Tom

I use Burris or Millet bases. While the holes are the same as 2 pc Rem700, the WBY requires a thinner front than the Rem or you may run out of scope adjustment. This was what I found when trying to use Leupold bases (sold to me as Wby!).

Another nice thing about the correct MarkV base is that since the front is 20 thou thinner, you can use the set as a long range set for a long action Rem 700, if you are using signature rings of course. That is what I currently have on my Rem700 300Rum. Wby MarkV DD bases and rings for a 15 moa pretaper.

I have used both Extra High Zee Rings on 2 pc Millet weaver style bases and the Burris DoubleDovetail rings and bases on a MarkV, 30-378 rifle and Leu LRT 21oz scope with no problems.

That's a good point, Leupold and Badger (probably others as well, but those are the 2 I called) will tell you that a Remington 700 receiver is the same as a Weatherby MarkV as far as scope bases go. According to Near, if you bolt up a Remington rail on a Weatherby rifle, best case your rail will not be perfectly true, may induce stress on the receiver. I went with a Near Mark V rail.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.