DE cheek piece

Buffalobob

I fiddled around a while this morning and decided to go and get my fishing license and see if the fish were running. The herring and shad were running so I dip-netted enough shad for bait for catfish and striped bass. The day was only half over so I went out to the garage and got my drill and screw driver, flopped the DE cheekpeice on the stock of the F-class gun and removed the bolt a couple of times to make sure there was enough clearance. I took a pencil and ran it around the slots in the cheek piece and took the cheek piece off. Using a ¼ bit I went in about a half inch from each side and then drilled through to make sure the holes were lined up. Next I widened out the holes with a 3/8 bit and then put the cheek piece back on and put the screws in and was done.

This will cure the problem of not being able to get a stock weld caused by mounting the 56mm Nightforce on it when it only needed a 40mm objective.

Now I have to figure out what to do for the rest of the day. This being retired is just really bad. I had the whole afternoon set aside to put on the cheek piece and only used up 15 minutes.

DE2.jpg

Well, for starters you could oil those boots and "read up" the place. There's a Nestles container and some poly bags that could be tossed out. You could also ponder building yurself a workbench some place, possibly the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've been making major amounts of alum chips. I have taken a 2# bar of the stuff down to less than 1/2 a lb. Almost filled the shop vac w/chips. All of this tu just learn and attempt to remember which way what moves when ya turn those handles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kapac

Defensive Edge is Shawn Carlock regarding the cheek pieces. Do a google and you'll find him.

Kapac

The cheeck piece is made by Shawn Carlock of this forum. His company is called Defensive Edge. His website is

DE

Look under "Products" on that website.

To be a little more serious about it, I will say that for me and my personality, it is perfect. It is simple and straight forward. It does not absorb water nor solvents which is important to me. It adjusts properly to the individual which is important as the gun will be shot by me and my son. It appears to be able to take a hard day in the woods and any rifle I have has to be able to take abuse. Even though I try to take care of them when it is time to hunt the rifle better be able to hunt.

I looked at other styles of cheekpieces and other manufacturers of this style and didn't like any of them for one reason or another.

The other point I will make is that within reason I try to support the people who help make this forum a great place.

Hey thanks for the info. fellas. I have a custom rifle and the stock I chose was probably the wrong style as I can not get a good cheek weld. It seems that when I had the rifle being built I had only one scope in mind ad now that I went to a different scope (larger and more powerful) I can not see clearly thru the scope and I was hoping that I could find a decent cheek piece that would instead of buying a new stock.

Well, me and Phil went down to Quantico and shot F-class today at 800, 900, and 1000yards. I think he beat me at 800 and 900 yards but I really cleaned his clock at 1000 yards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. That was about 60 rounds a piece. The DE Cheekpiece made shooting so much more pleasant. It was very easy to get a good stock weld and get your eye lined up properly. I greatly prefer it to the models that have an overlay of foam rubber to soak up cleaning solvent.

lol i like that purplish pink bag, naw but really thats a nice mount really good results. Thanks for the info bob

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.