Water barrels?

MAX

Guess some of you shoot prairie dogs once in a while, and I realize this is a different format that the big iron vs. LR elk etc. Read of a fellow using water jackets on his barrels to maintain a constant temp. and control heat/warp. The writer claimed first round hits by the shooter out to 1200 yards. Some fellow named Hall
rolleyes.gif
. Anybody have any experience with this or any other 'outside the box' technology?

There is (was) a fellow in SD marketing a CO2 system for cooling barrels, I saw a 10,000 round test of a rifle barrel and they were using CO2 to enable firing more rounds per day. Simply a hollow tube or rod with many tiny holes that allowed the cold gas to spurt out, drop it down the bore, turn on the gas and let it cool from the inside out for a few minutes.

No idea who markets it or what it is called, but it is out there. Someone might know more.

I recall reading an article in Guns Magazine(I think) 5 years or so ago, about a 223 bolt action rifle with a tube around the barrel that made it look like a bull barrel with fittings that went to a water cooler with a aquirium water pump. I recall it worked really well for varmit shooting(volume shooting).

My info came from "Varmint Hunter Magazine" perhaps a year back. Had pictures of the War Wagon(converted bucket truck) with racks and maybe 3-4 rifles set up like that. Volume was the issue for sure. I was curious how they(he) bedded this or what he did to make it shot so well.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.