Water capacity

88 grains average for the 300 win mag and 80 grains average for the 300 wsm. For comparison heres the 300 wby and 300 ultra, 98 grains average and 111.0 average respectivly.
You can check out ammoguide and research cases and get dimensional measurements too.
Ammoguide

That sounds like a case that hasnt been sized, was it or are Lapua cases just that much thinner in wall thickness and case head thickness?

Water capacity for new,out of the box Lapua (unsized)brass in .300 Win.mag. as I measured was 92grs. of water,also.It is also lighter than Winchester brass by a bit.Don't have notes in front of me to give you the actual weight.
Jimmy

I don't know about how much water it will hold but with 180 Ballistic Tips I am using 85 grains of Retumbo and that fills Win Brass to the bottom of the neck. I would say that 87 or 88 grains would fill the case.

That is good to know info. That's quite a big difference between Win and Laupua brass.
This could be a whole new thread.
What about all the other manufactures of brass?
Federal, Winchester, Laupua, Norma, RWS, I know there are more just cant think of them.
So at the risk of hijacking this thread lets see what everyone else has for there cases.
Good info here.
Dave

Hijack away!
I would be curious to see how the other mfg. brass is compared to each other.
I currently use Winchester brass, and stil have most of the brass that I bought for the gun in 1996 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I was looking at geting about 20 pieces of Lapua brass to test, I'm just having a hard tim justifying $1 for each case! I don't know if they are worth it since my Winchester brass has lasted so long with so many firings.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.