Was my choice the right one

Fariss

Im new to the LRS so please be kind. I ordered 2 guns one 300 norma mag and one 6.5 PRC for hunting and ringing steel. Shouldnt be to much longer my 300 should be getting finshed and then around six month's on the 6.5.

Are you looking for a stamp of approval for the caliber choices you made?
I am going to assume that this is what you are wanting.
Personally I think the 6.5 PRC is a great choice for doing both. If you are wanting to kill elk beyond 800 yards then I would have chosen something in a 7mm Remington Magnum, 28 Nosler or 300 RUM. But we are all personalized in our thinking here so brace yourself for a barrage of other's preferences.
In the meantime, welcome to LRH!

You really have just about all based covered here. Get away from the mental anguish associated with making these decisions and stick to your guns ( yes, pun intended). Reloading opens up options, but factory offerings in both can be good. Get good glass and rock and roll.

Have you thoroughly researched scope choices yet? Whatever you do, don't short-change yourself with the glass that you put on those fine custom rifles. But buy smart so that it only hurts the checkbook once....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.