Warne Hardware??

remingtonman_25_06

I went with a friend today to pick up some new base/rings for his remington 700 SPS .223 I have always used and had good luck with the leupold dual dovetail w/a 1 piece base. Thats all I've ever put on rem's or win's. Lately though, I hate that style and design. I can never get the bottom rings to align up perfectly straight. Thus, when I torque the scope down, I could be bending it. Worse yet, I had to use almost all my MOA's in my 6-18 leupold to get on paper at 100 yards with my 25-06. So, I bought a set of the cheaper leupold rifleman weaver style base/rings to put my 6-18 on. When I mounted it, it set perfectly, and when I boresighted it, I got most my MOA's back. Hopefully, they will hold up on the 25-06, they should, it dont kick at all. Anyways, my first set of weaver style base/rings came from none other then Leupold. I used the 2 piece permanent weaver style base, then I went ahead and got the weaver style rings with the steel cross slot. This went on my 300 RUM. I really liked those base/rings. No more guessing if the scope is going to sit straight. Well, we went ahead and got the 2 piece leupold weaver style base. They didn't have any more of the leupold permanent weaver style rings. So, I was looking over everything and remember reading an article about Warne rings and how they were pretty strong and reliable. We ended up getting a set of the Warne weaver style rings. The set up looks nice, I think its quite strong and should serve well on that little .223. Just curious to know if anyone here has used Warne hardware??

I have had 4 sets of Warne Maxima rings on their Weaver style bases . Very strong and reliable setup. Current rings are powder coated and a little too smooth on the inside . Had the scope slip on my 7mm WSM . I now wrap 2 layers of thread sealing tape around the scope tube before fitting the rings . Protects the tube and also prevents slippage .

I've got a set of Warne Maxima's on my 300 Ultra Sendero. I have not had problem with the scope moving. I actually went from the exact same setup you are mentioning to a weaver/warne combo. I'm happy with the results.

I have both ring and base on my 223 Kimber Model 82. They're outstanding, easy to mount and looks good.

We sell the warne bases and I think they are **** nice. BJ has one on his APS 6-250 and I think the machine quality is pretty dang good.

steve

When I first bought my 300rum I called Warne and asked alot of questions. From what the guy I talked with told me Warne makes right many bases and rings for leupold and a few other companies.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.