scope mounting hardware

smalljawbasser

doing research for my first LR rifle. it's actually going to be somewhat of a trainer and 3-500 yard whitetail/coyote rifle. the idea is to build something i can comfortable and economically get a lot of trigger time with, and still be a sub-10lb all up hunting rifle. i have a LA 25.06 i'm going to build off of, so something like maybe a 25-06AI, 6.5-06AI etc that brass doesn't cost a fortune for.

likely going with a vortex viper pst, and wouldn't mind having some built in MOA in a rail, but i'm not 100% sure how that works, or if i even need it. the Vortex PST seems to have a lot of adjustment built in.

my question is, is there some one piece rail/base and ring "standards"? i know of a few makers, but sometimes there are products that are widely accepted by experienced shooters as being a lot of bang for the buck, etc etc.

anybody have any input on this?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.