Warmest jacket for stand hunting for wife

Wool with a wind break cover. Or multiple layers are what we do with the kids. Wool being a big help still in the base layers. I have found for myself that it's not normally the sitting still that gets cold, but yet the travel and activity getting to that spot. I pack my bibs and jacket in. Then, sit for about 10 - 15 minutes before gearing up. If I sweat on the way into the sitting area, I can never keep the warm sitting still. I sweat easily and that kills it for me.

I've search for years for that because of certain stands I hunt on the edge of a field that gets hit with wind.
Sitka fanatic is the only stuff I found that worked. I was very skeptical at first because it was the cool stuff and most won't admit they spent a lot on something that doesn't work but boy I wish I would have done it sooner.

What are you guys using for Extreme cold in a tree stand? This is for my wife. We have a lot of mountain gear from Kiui etc. which is great when your on the move but for long stationary stand sitting not very good. Trying to find something not really bulky but warm. Any help would be appreciated.
The heater body suit!!!!!!

Had one and it was way too hot for me. By far the warmest garment I've ever owned and I have full layering systems from Sitka, Arcteryx, and Mountain Hardwear.

I'd have to go with wool base layers, and either the first lite sanctuary or Sitka fanatic system. I'm personally an FL guy, but I know people that wear the Sitka fanatic suit and they can sit all day.

I don't know what your budget is, but riverwest stuff is darn good for the price- that would get my vote for 3rd, and cabelas wooltimate would get the 4th spot. I haven't personally worn the cabelas outfit hunting, but I have worn it fishing.

I always pack my heavy clothing and walk to the stand in base layer(s). Fully dress at bottom of stand before climbing. If the stand is big enough I full dress in the stand. Otherwise, and in years past, I would be a sweat mop in my heavies walking to the stand in them.

I always pack my heavy clothing and walk to the stand in base layer(s). Fully dress at bottom of stand before climbing. If the stand is big enough I full dress in the stand. Otherwise, and in years past, I would be a sweat mop in my heavies walking to the stand in them.
I do exactly this. Except I always get dressed in the stand no matter how big or small it is

You can't go wrong with a down vest I had one I used for 20 years bow hunting never had an issue with it and a cost over it wish I could find a bigger one just like it I think it shrunk or I might of grew a little bit which I hate to admit. David

Recent Posts