Recommendations on a rifle for my wife..

I write this from the other side of the big Pond in''Ireland '.

' I shoot with 6.5x55 Swedish Its a great round ,which kicks very little ,and can be loaded with a range of bullets from 165grain down to 100 grain . They are very accurate and I believe easy to hand load . They also have great knock down power due to their High B.C. .Its probably not as well know cartridge in the states but it has some fine attributes going for it ,Have a look you will be pleasantly surprised,so much so you may end up shooting it yourself . Tikka are a good rifle at a fair price . Best of luck in your search . J

Browning has a model out that I believe is called the micro-hunter. It's small but ot a youth model. I have a fried that bought one for hiss wife and she loves it in a 243.
I bought my wife a mauser 6.5x55 and she loves it as well. My wife can shoulder a mans rifle being 6'1". Make sure to fit it to her size.
7mm-08, 260 rem I always thought would be great womens guns

If she can shoot that leaver action 44 mag well there is no reason that you need to look further for a 100 yard and under deer rifle. If you put a 200 to 240 gr Hornady XTP JHP in the vitals you have a dead deer.

I don't know where you hunt, but if it's around Pryor there's nothing wrong with a good old 30/30. However, my wife told me a few years back that she wanted to hunt. So I found her a Ruger 77 in 260, she shot it great and loved it, but never hunted one **** day. My point is, get her something you will enjoy as well, if she changes her mind. For me, I did eventually get rid of the Ruger, to a guy looking for a rifle for his son. I didn't like the Ruger, but it started a love for .264 caliber I still have. IMO the best caliber for deer. If I had it to do over, I would get her a DPMS LR260 or LR6.5CM, with a muti-position AR stock. Or even an Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel. I have a three year old daughter, and I plan to have a Grendel waiting for her...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.