Wanted - Mule deer hunt Texas - 2022

Also completely agree with Gigem82, you really have to be prepared to hunt in Alaska or you can get yourself into trouble quick. This is true from a gear, wildlife, terrain, mental, or physical standpoint. Once that float plane leaves you are on your own. One thing I always do as an added safety precaution is rent a satellite phone for the trip. They aren't that much money ($50-$75) and could really save you if you got into trouble.

Give Brandon at El Sapo a call. Honest guy with a great personality. No pressure guide that works hard for you.

you must be in damm good shape to hunt like that..... I,d like to say I could but my body A'int wat it used to be....
But I sure enjoyed it for lotsa hunts....
I,m not an Africa fan.... never hunted there.... friends say you can shoot alot more for less....than in U.S.
Africa turned out to be one of my greatest hunting pleasures. Five or six animals for the price of a mule deer hunt. If you go for a week you hunt and shoot something every day.

Like this one.

Attachments

• ACF40620-957D-493C-8C5E-45944CC56DF4.jpeg
    ACF40620-957D-493C-8C5E-45944CC56DF4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173
I have plenty of mulies and whitetail that has been unleased for 2 years. I don't care for the taste of venison, but I could go for quail 365 days a year. Usually the state has to come to my property to get a count on deer, because for some reason they (the deer) like it here.

I have plenty of mulies and whitetail that has been unleased for 2 years. I don't care for the taste of venison, but I could go for quail 365 days a year. Usually the state has to come to my property to get a count on deer, because for some reason they (the deer) like it here.
I can understand your passion for quail. I like them too. But, I have never had bad meat off a deer that I had killed. If you skin the deer ASAP, cool the meat, and keep it clean, you will get good meat. If you don't like steaks, venison makes excellent burger and sausage.

I can understand your passion for quail. I like them too. But, I have never had bad meat off a deer that I had killed. If you skin the deer ASAP, cool the meat, and keep it clean, you will get good meat. If you don't like steaks, venison makes excellent burger and sausage.
I've only tried it once when I was 9. I have other friends that do like venison and mix it with other meats. I think the person that cooked it, it was just straight venison? I have no idea how soon it was processed?

Alaska can keep it's game and ridiculous prices for guided hunts/fishing of any sort.

I've only tried it once when I was 9. I have other friends that do like venison and mix it with other meats. I think the person that cooked it, it was just straight venison? I have no idea how soon it was processed?
Although I have never had whitetail, they can't be that far off from blacktail, mulies and elk. Here is what has worked for me. Take plastic bag and pour in 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, a couple tablespoons of olive oil and a table spoon of granulated garlic (or fresh if you have it). Mix it up a little and put in your venison, squeeze the air out and toss it in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. BBQ RARE. The balsamic takes any gamey taste out of the meat and makes it taste almost sweet.
I have served non-game eaters venison steaks done this way and they raved about the meat.
And you might contact Sagebrush Hunts. Jeremy's outfit hunts the panhandle, NM and Kansas.