Hunting scope 500-700 yards FFP under $800

You're not far at all from a used or demo Nightforce SHV.

What ever Trijicon has the features you want at the price you like.

3-15 SWFA are in stock, under budget.

Right around the $1k mark gets you out of all the Chinese and Philippine scopes, and into the Light Optics Works line of OEM scopes. IMO this is the sweet spot for a reliable scope.

On sale looks like they are being discontinued.
View attachment 572844
That is a smoking deal on a "very good" rifle scope. I still have multiple Burris XTRII 5-25x50 on backup PRS rifles and picked up a closeout Burris XTRII 3-15 for a hunting rifle. I am upgrading to the XTRIII as I can because the XTRIII has better glass than the XTRII. The XTRII have been very reliable on PRS rifles.

Thanks for posting - I ordered one of these XTR 4-20. Not sure if it will go on a hunting or competition rifle.

Last edited:
You're not far at all from a used or demo Nightforce SHV.

What ever Trijicon has the features you want at the price you like.

3-15 SWFA are in stock, under budget.

Right around the $1k mark gets you out of all the Chinese and Philippine scopes, and into the Light Optics Works line of OEM scopes. IMO this is the sweet spot for a reliable scope.
That's one of the reasons I bought the SWFA's. To shoot now, but to save money for a high quality optic at $1000 or hopefully more.

Thanks for posting. I want to give this one a go if seller takes a PC.

That is a smoking deal on a "very good" rifle scope. I still have multiple Burris XTRII 5-25x50 on backup PRS rifles and picked up a closeout Burris XTRII 3-15 for a hunting rifle. I am upgrading to the XTRIII as I can because the XTRIII has better glass than the XTRII. The XTRII have been very reliable on PRS rifles.

Thanks for posting - I ordered one of these XTR 4-20. Not sure if it will go on a hunting or competition rifle.
Have they've been holding up well to getting banged around?

For the price range you are looking for, I would look into sightron or burris. And watch for demo models and closeouts to get 25-50% off the retail price. Both @gr8fuldoug with cameraland and midway have very good prices on sightron than burris. If you jist watch sales and specials, for that price some decent scopes can be had. Also watch the classifieds here. Some good prices come up on used ones.

Burris Veracity 3-15x50 or you can find XTR3 3-18 for about $1000 sometimes. Save the extra $200 above your budget for the scope you love. I am really wanting to get 1 for myself honestly.

Im looking for a hunting scope for 500-700 yards FFP under $800 Not a fan of vortex, arken(reticles) i prefer to not have a floating dot center. Adjustable turrets is a plus. Really love my XTR III. Mainly run Riton scopes. Any other to look at ? Will be on a 6.5 PRC

Burris XTR II 3-15X50

ZIESS V4 4-16X44
Check out Arken

Im looking for a hunting scope for 500-700 yards FFP under $800 Not a fan of vortex, arken(reticles) i prefer to not have a floating dot center. Adjustable turrets is a plus. Really love my XTR III. Mainly run Riton scopes. Any other to look at ? Will be on a 6.5 PRC

Burris XTR II 3-15X50

ZIESS V4 4-16X44
I am curious how the Riton scopes are ? I never really took the time to look through one. I did the same thing when Burris came out. They were a affordable option at the time. But I figured they were junk based on price point alone. And now I kick myself for not giving them a try. Just curious how long have you been running them ? And what are you using them on ? Small caliber & up ? Have you found them to be a better option as to the Arken ? I kind of get that feeling in your initial post, lol. Which Riton series have you played with ? I did pickup a red dot for a shotgun. It actually came with a Rem pistol ammo purchase. Just never got to mounting it. But it definitely seems well built for the price point.

I am curious how the Riton scopes are ? I never really took the time to look through one. I did the same thing when Burris came out. They were a affordable option at the time. But I figured they were junk based on price point alone. And now I kick myself for not giving them a try. Just curious how long have you been running them ? And what are you using them on ? Small caliber & up ? Have you found them to be a better option as to the Arken ? I kind of get that feeling in your initial post, lol. Which Riton series have you played with ? I did pickup a red dot for a shotgun. It actually came with a Rem pistol ammo purchase. Just never got to mounting it. But it definitely seems well built for the price point.
I have about 8 riton scopes from the x1 to x7

I really like the newer 3 primal 3-18x50 ffp hunting scope. I have two of them. Havent put it through all the paces yet.