Texas Panhandle Mule Deer

WTOBob

Saturday 20th was our opening day for mule deer. I found this buck a week ago while on a scouting trip and luckily he was still in the same area a week later. I found him around 7am Saturday morning and finally put a Berger Elite Hunter from the WTO 6.5/284 in him at 4:30pm. Those EH bullets are nasty. I ranged the buck at 303 yards and the bullet grenaded inside him. It was a messy field dress to say the least.

2021 Plainview MD.jpg

Saturday 20th was our opening day for mule deer. I found this buck a week ago while on a scouting trip and luckily he was still in the same area a week later. I found him around 7am Saturday morning and finally put a Berger Elite Hunter from the WTO 6.5/284 in him at 4:30pm. Those EH bullets are nasty. I ranged the buck at 303 yards and the bullet grenaded inside him. It was a messy field dress to say the least.

View attachment 313617
Nice muley. I hunt around Childess and have bagged a couple of nice ones over the years.

View attachment 313617
My guess is that deer is 8-10 years old. I bet his teeth are worn down to nothing. Nice work!