Want Your Input! New Stock Design

Hi Everyone!

AG Composites is curious what you'd like to see in a new stock design. Any concepts you'd like to see included in a new stock design? Any features that you think are super important? Let us know!

Thanks!
- AG Composites Team
SIngle biggest issue in stock design is fit. Wrong LOP can make the gun unuseable for some. Maybe develop an adjustable LOP stock or offer a range of LOPs. Rigth hand or left hand is another big deal. My cousin is 6'6", I'm 5'9", he can't shoot my rifles. Only you can assess ths market potential.

SIngle biggest issue in stock design is fit. Wrong LOP can make the gun unuseable for some. Maybe develop an adjustable LOP stock or offer a range of LOPs. Rigth hand or left hand is another big deal. My cousin is 6'6", I'm 5'9", he can't shoot my rifles. Only you can assess ths market potential.
All our stocks can get a different LOP. We've done them as short as 12.5" on some models up to 16". We will be adding this option in the website for ease of ordering. We are still looking at offering an adjustable LOP option on a few stocks.

• Nearly Vertical grip
  • Short grip to trigger distance
  • Top ifButt stock @ or .25 above bore line
  • Negative Comb
  • Flat forend parallel but not too wide & blended on edges for shooting freehand
  • Integral arca in front of bottom metal that doesn't stick out from forend (snag points)
  • Integral pic rail in front of forend that doesn't stick out under or in front (snag points)
  • Flat/close to parallel bag rider/bottom of stock toe to grip
  • Under 26 ounces
  • Add a stock folder and keep it under 32 ounces

I mounted an Arca rail on my K2, and it's friggin rock solid, and that's with a 17-pound gun that I put on a tripod. Knowing it was so heavy, I used 3 screws to secure the Arca rail and Loc-tited the screws in. Bomb proof.
That's good to know! Guess I should of done more research before.

All our stocks can get a different LOP. We've done them as short as 12.5" on some models up to 16". We will be adding this option in the website for ease of ordering. We are still looking at offering an adjustable LOP option on a few stocks.
Also good to know! Will be looking forward to this!

Negative comb, ingrate the arca pic rail in to the stock. Short grip to trigger distance, 24-26 oz, thumb shelf, textured forend at 1.75 inches wide. With manners colors schemes. This making it an easy to shoot stock for guys who hunt and shoot nrl hunter

X-Bolt inlets

I agree with the negative comb and vertical grip.

Since you use carbon fiber, what about prefinished spacers already made to stock lines, they could be ordered separately and easily installed by the end user.
🔥

• Nearly Vertical grip
  • Short grip to trigger distance
  • Top ifButt stock @ or .25 above bore line
  • Negative Comb
  • Flat forend parallel but not too wide & blended on edges for shooting freehand
  • Integral arca in front of bottom metal that doesn't stick out from forend (snag points)
  • Integral pic rail in front of forend that doesn't stick out under or in front (snag points)
  • Flat/close to parallel bag rider/bottom of stock toe to grip
  • Under 26 ounces
  • Add a stock folder and keep it under 32 ounces
Pretty much stole my thunder.

Look at designs like Gunwerks Clymer, McMillan Nimrod, McMillan Game Warden LR, etc.

Integrate ARCA and recessed picarinny at the front.

A Manners Pro hunter with negative comb and flatter toe angle would be sweet!

-1.7" to 1.8" grip width max, I have big hands, but I do not like the giant 4x4 post grips, on some of the different stocks out there today

-more molding "bumps" in the grip and forearm for grip... (think McM A5)

-ALL stocks should come with a standard, screw-hole LOP plate attached to the stock, for adjustable LOP spacers
(and yes we will buy the LOP spacers as needed as an option)

Thanks

Recent Posts