Please give me your input on a new stock

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by JayR, Aug 15, 2011.

1. JayR

JayR Active Member

I have a Sendero in 7STW and would like to replace the factory stock. I like the Mcmillan A3 or a Manners, both of these seem to be popular. I have sevaral HS stocks and just looking at something different. All opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

2. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

Whichever you choose, do it quick. Last I heard Manners was 6 mos out and my Mcmillan I ordered is 4 mos out. I prefer the Mcmillans based on reputation, but the Manners has a large following as well. Your going to need to decide on poured pillars, fact installed, etc, and a bedding job will be a must. When its all said and done, I bet your looking at 800 bucks. That HS will do the trick unless you just cant stand it.

3. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

One you may not be aware of.

[​IMG]

This is the new McMillian A3-Sporter. They don't even have it up on the website but they are making it. This will be goin on my 7mm STW when I finally decide on my camo pattern.

You can read about them here:

Pics of the Mcmillan A-3 Sporter& Adj tact hunter - Sniper's Hide Forums

And this Bell and Carlson M-40 will be going on my 300 Rum.

[​IMG]

*NEW! Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist M40 Style Series 1000 Long Range Remington 700 Short Action & 1001 Long Action Stock

I've shot both and like the heck out of both so I just decided to get one of each.

Of course I drug M-40's and M-24's all over half the 2nd and 3rd world so they just naturally fit me better than most and these are both well engineered for a trouble free life of long range precision shooting.

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Manners is 3 months out I just spoke with Tom the other day. Not to mention you can get a Manners from Stocky in 2 days or less no wait there.

5. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected.

6. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

7. Good

Good Well-Known Member

I think the picture of the B&C is for the Tactical Medalist A2 style but the link is for the M-40. Here's the link for the TMA2:

*Special Purchase Pricing on Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A2 Style Remington 700 SPS BDL Savage 10/12 Weatherby Vanguard Howa 1500 Vertical Grip 2092, 2096, 2997, 2998 & 2999

I've been eyeballing the A3 Sporter for a while now also...

8. shooterpunk2

shooterpunk2 Well-Known Member

I love the XLR Industries Evolution Chassis. A different look but it's soooooo comfy and you can change it any way you want

9. WildRose

Yep, grabbed the wrong link. Should have looked closer.

*NEW! Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist M40 Style Series 1000 Long Range Remington 700 Short Action & 1001 Long Action Stock

10. JayR

JayR Active Member

Thanks for all of the input! I had never seen the A3 sporter, I think the one in the picture is exactly the stock I was looking for, I really like the color combination, as well! Thanks again!

11. WildRose

The nice thing is you can pick any color combination you want.

They make them to order on several standard patterns or you can simply special order one to suit you.

The coloring is not paint, it's moulded in when they make the stock similar to cultured marble you see in bathrooms.

12. 3fingervic

3fingervic Well-Known Member

Manners T5-A