Want to see your long action 7wsm loads

FURMAN

I have a long action Stiller with a Brux 9 twist on the way with a long throat. I would like to see your loads for the 7wsm specifically for the long action. I have pretty much all imaginable powders or can get them. I was hoping to use H1000 or H4831sc. Pretty much dead set on 168 or 180 Bergers.

Thanks guys. Most if not all the loads in the cartridge guide are for short actions/magazines. alexkeyser what is your oal?

Finally went to shoot my 7WSM today.

It is built on a Savage LA with a 26" Brux barrel.

Here is what I was using today:

Win brass
Fed 215m primers
180 Bergers
H1000
.010 off the lands

I shot 4 rounds to adjust and zero my new scope at 66.0 g

Then I shot 1 round each at the following looking for pressure signs:

Did not see any pressure signs but I will not load any hotter than this.

The last 6 shot were all in a 1/2 group.

I will load some more up and give them a try on Monday to see how they work at longer distances.

So far I am amazed at how good this gun shoots, it is my first custom barrel and I am really impressed.

You will not likely see loads specifically for long actions. Many shoot short actions as single shots and then have the ability to seat long as they are not constrained by the mag. If they do this the often just release the bolt to eject a live shell so you are not really limited. With a long you just avoid having to release the bolt and can seat long and still use the mag but it won't really change loads. Work up as you would otherwise using the info you gather as a base.

Maybe I should have stated what I was looking for a little more clearly. I don't care what it is fired out of just looking for loads loaded around 3.1-3.15 for the Berger 180s. I figured most would know what I wanted. Thanks. Ryan55555 what is your oal?

My OAL is 3.110 and my base to ogive length is 2.305. This puts me about .010 from the lands and fits into my magazine with room to spare.

Sweet. We can share data. I had mine throated with 180 bergers at 3.110. Thanks.

I shoot that bad boy cartridge . I like the Hornady 162gr A-max. 66.0 grs of Re#22 produces 3200 out of a 26" 9" twist Brux bbl. 70grs of Re#25 produces just about 3300 fps. I love Brux bbls,waiting on a 6mm 8'' twist for my 6x284. Soon I will be able to shoot down Russian ICBMs !

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.