Wall tent stove suggestions for late season cow hunts

Not with the right airtight Wood stove thats for a house.
I've been in wall tents in the Bighole valley near Wisdom MT. when it was -20 we took turns filling it up once in the middle of the night.
Putting a tarp over your roof to help hold the heat in works wonders.
I won't argue that. We've gone for several years in a house that had only a woodstove, no furnace. Airtight wood stoves for a house would normally be to big & heavy to haul for a tent but I guess it can be done.

I won't argue that. We've gone for several years in a house that had only a woodstove, no furnace. Airtight wood stoves for a house would normally be to big & heavy to haul for a tent but I guess it can be done.
It can be if your doing it out of a pick up or trailer of course.

Yeah, above 8000 feet you are stuck with a wood stove, a person shouldn't really have base camp above 8,000ft anyway.
Seriously, now we have where a tent should and shouldn't be set up? 😆. I set mine above 8000 my bad. I'm just letting others know, that the stove could be a **** poor recommendation if above 8000ft. I'll try to figure out what elevation my base camp should be set at before I go hunting this year.

#cantmakethisup

Last edited:
Minus 15 C and no problem. Warm and cozy in the tent.

1672249364870.jpeg

1672249477292.jpeg

1672249219747.jpeg

What do guys use to move all that gear, an 18 wheeler semitrailer truck? Definitely not horses.
The whole works packed into the back of my one ton truck and I pulled a 7x11 trailer with two quads on it. The moose would go on top the quads on the way home. Later I bought a 7x14 cargo hauler and had lots of extra room in that so I didn't have to be as fussy packing.

So the whole thread changed to altitude. Stupid. If you camp above 8000ft use wood. I don't give a flying **** what YOU do or camp at. I said a BASE camp should be below 8,000ft(and there are good reasons for that). Well if you live at 8,000 add that 8,000 to the altitude for your personal enjoyment. **** doesn't burn the same there but you are certainly welcome to go ******* try it. I guess in the end you will figure out that people who carry that much **** up a mountain aren't doing it on a horse or their backs. So, riley pellet burners don't ******* work beyond 8,000. Who gives a ****, you aren't going to haul 40 pound bags up there anyway. And you can camp any ******* where you want. I've done it.

Recent Posts