W3p 230 Tac-pm Review

I see the inflated BC values are still posted on the W3P web site. https://whiskey3precisionsystems.com/ballistic-coefficients

Elevated BC values ought to have provided an early boost to bullet sales, at least until reality sets in. Perhaps reality has set in. Or some other problems are preventing reporting; perhaps availability, accuracy, or low MVs due to the longer bearing surface lengths on the heavier per caliber bullets.

The dearth of bullet testing results being posted is speaking loudly - so far.

Last edited:
I see the inflated BC values are still posted on the W3P web site. https://whiskey3precisionsystems.com/ballistic-coefficients

Elevated BC values ought to have provided an early boost to bullet sales, at least until reality sets in. Perhaps reality has set in. Or some other problems are preventing reporting; perhaps availability, accuracy, or low MVs due to the longer baring surface lengths on the heavier per caliber bullets.

The dearth of bullet testing results being posted is speaking loudly - so far.

I would agree, not sure what others are finding but in my case the 230 simply would not stabilize in my standard 10 twist......last I talked to Al he said he would send me some 210s to try.........still waiting, meanwhile the 230 bergers are workin great.

I know there are more folks with bullets, and im suspecting the same thing, the lack of reports does not look favorable for W3P.

I'll tag in as well...
Your weight variations are strikingly similar to what I found. Also pretty much spot-on with the measurements I had for the bearing surface. My 30/338 Win couldn't push the 230's to anywhere close to what it can push the 230 OTM Berger. I found a sticky bolt lift at 76g WC 867 that yielded only 2637. I never shot any for groups as the Berger was clearly superior in terms of velocity in my rifle. Interested to see what else you find, and how it correlates to the data I gathered...

Interesting, are your bullets the steel tips or aluminum. I ask because if they are steel did you notice any stability problems, also what twist is your barrel.......

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts