Vortex viper spotting scope

dogbuster0006

I just tried and then bought a Vortex Viper 15-45X65 scope this afternoon all I can say is WOW!!! I picked mine up at sportsmans for $349 it was their display model. I first compared their HD viper to the non hd version I picked up, there was some difference but not much, the hd was a touch brighter and clearer and over the regular version which is usually $499 vs the $699 hd. For laughs I compared it to the most expensive one they had a Lieca model which was $3800.99 was there a difference yes, but no where near $3000 worth in my opinion. They've got a bino/scope picture on the front wall of the store about 100ft away I could clearly see the dust that was missed on the last cleaning of that thing!!!

If you guys are looking for a new spotter give the vortex a look an honest look for the money I don't think they can be beat. I've been using an older Leupold spotter I can't remember the exact model but picked it up used a long time ago for $250 or so with a short tripod and WOW technology has come leaps and bounds since my little leu was built. This thing is much much brighter and more crisp, as bright or more at full power than the leu at 15-20x really didn't know what I'd been missing until today. I was out the door with a lens pen and decent tripod for it for $406 my mind is blown by the quality for the price of this thing. It came with a neoprene case and has a built in sun shade, the warrantee on it is second to none that I've seen, they'll repair or replace it free for life. I'm sold and glad I gave them a shot before spending more money on another brand, the reviews I'd read were true in every way and I'm a very satisfied customer for sure. I'm sort of a glass snob I was raised on Leupold rifle scopes, I used some really good really high dollar optics this thing still gets me.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Hope you don't mind, I just got a different Vortex Spotter and will share my experience as well.

Model is the Razor HD 20-60x85.

I am thoroughly impressed with the clarity and brightness of the glass. Fit, finish, and feel is very good, though a step below the Swaro's, Kowa's, Leica's of the world IMO.

I had an issue with the zoom binding on the eyepiece - called Vortex on Wednesday AM and had a replacement by NOON ON FRIDAY. Wish I hadn't had the issue at all, but tough to argue with that kind of service.

I have not had the opportunity to compare it side-to-side with a $3K spotter, but with my limited use to date I am pretty confident this scope will do everything I need it to.

Very impressed at the value relative to cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.