vortex viper/ cs tactical

codyjoe1128

I just left CS TACTICAL this afternoon after buying a vortex viper 6.5-20x44 with the dead hold bdc ret..can't wait to get back home and get it on my 300wsm...if anybody has any questions about doin business with Mike, he's one Hell of a guy, it was a pleasure doin business with him and I'm sure it won't be the last time I'm there...

Thanks again Mike, it was good to put another face and hand shake with a screen name, look forward ta comin back through again!

Viper mounted and bore sighted.....goin out to put it on paper soon as the rain lets up....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120203_195858.png
    ForumRunner_20120203_195858.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 69
i did a tracking test on 2 of those scopes. mine would move the POI about 23" when i turned the turrets 20 moa. both were about 10% off. traded it in for an HS and like it much better.

Didn't notice mine movin with the gun strapped down(used a door knob as a "Target") knew the old scope was still dead on so before I took it off I put a cross of tape where the cross hairs were...mounted the new scope and just took some minor adjusting to get it " zeroed", reset the turrets to zero..cranked the magnification up n down, zero deviation from the " zero"...my old tasco would move 1.5" up at max magnification, none with this one....

i was reffering to the amount the poi moves when you change the turrets. when you move 20 moa it should change the poi about 21". mine moved the poi 23"

davewilson said:
i was reffering to the amount the poi moves when you change the turrets. when you move 20 moa it should change the poi about 21". mine moved the poi 23"

I gotcha...ill find out eather tomorrow or Sunday when I shoot with it....its got the dead hold ret so ill play around with that too....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.