Vortex Viper 5-15x44mm Tactical Scope deal at Midway

1Ghilli

[FONT=&quot]I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the site, but I just wanted to let everyone know about a great deal on a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44mm Tactical Rifle Scope with a 30mm Tube, Side Focus, 1/10 MIL Adjustments on its Mil-Dot Reticle. It's apparently a special deal that Midway and Vortex worked out. The normal Midway price is $499 which isn't a bad deal but through 4/30 it's on sale for $399. They just started shipping them this week.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]It seems to have all the features of the HS LR 4-16x44 which is one of my favorite scopes in this price range. The 44 objective is still bright and by mounting it lower I get a better cheek weld. The reticle is calibrated for range estimation at 15 power. It even has a few features that scope doesn't have such as 75 MOA windage adjustment to the HS LR's 50. It also has the zero stop shim pack and Vortex's VIP warranty. Vortex didn't skimp as it also comes with the 4 inch sun shade.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
It has the ability to use
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Vortex TMT (Trajectory Matched Turret) elevation cap that can be custom-matched to your favorite rifle and load. It's an extra cost item from Vortex but I find it well worth it as I can hold over with the Mil Dot or dial in my dope.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have a wholesale account with Midway and can't beat the sale price so I picked up a couple. Cheers[/FONT]:)

Last edited:
I just got the flyer of the sale in the mail today and was really thinking of ordering one. It really looks nice kinda looks like the pst turret but the only reason I did order it was cause the 44. Ive only had 50s so I don't know if the 44 would be good

Pretty good deal if it meets your needs. The turrets are like the HS LR and PST and I like the zero stop. Apparently Vortex shipped the scopes without the zero stop shims so Midway is sending them later.

If you do a lot of dusk or dawn shooting the 50mm objective will supposedly give you about a 1x magnification advantage, that is the brightness of the 44mm scope at 14 power would be roughly equivalent to the 50mm at 15 power all things being equal. I have both 50mm and 44mm and I find the 44 OK for my needs but I shoot mostly paper with some hunting.

The cheek weld on the 44 works better for me as I can mount the scope lower. I had to pad the stock to get a good cheek weld on the 50 but everybody's different.

I have been looking at this scope also. Does anyone have an opinion on the glass quality, tracking, etc.?

I ordered one as well as they are back ordered and won't be in until April 5th. I talked to Vortex and this scope is a cross between the PST & HS so for the money why not give it a try and they will have the zero stop shims. I have something it will work on like a 300 RUM for testing it on to see if it is shock resistant.

I just ordered one for my 270 WSM 26" Hart barreled rifle, now all I need is to order some Berger VLD's for it

I ordered one last night, Still gave sale price. I was torn between 6.5x20 pa vortex and 5x15 i ordered. We'll see if the mil/mil works for me? always been MOA guy. Any opinions?

Gene

I ordered one last night, Still gave sale price. I was torn between 6.5x20 pa vortex and 5x15 i ordered. We'll see if the mil/mil works for me? always been MOA guy. Any opinions?

Gene

That's the reason I didn't jump in. I'm just too used to MOA. I have a few of the Vortex and like them and this is mighty tempting.

Tulie, Hopefully by next week I'll find out if it works out for me. If not My youngest boy will be getting a new scope for his rifle and he can learn from start with it.

Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.