Vortex RZR zero set help

My buddy and I have same scope. I followed instructions he didn't. No surprise there, his was so screwed up he could only get about one full turn for elevation. I called vortex they emailed me a video on how to retime it. Off top of my head I don't remember all the details. Call them , you won't be the first, nor the last!

I think I figured it out. I took the turret off and saw that the zero stop knob was on "9", spun down 1 1/2 revolutions until it hit the zero stop. Loosened the screws on the zero stop knob, spun it back up the 1 1/2 revolutions and put it on "9", tightened the zero stop screws and put the turret back on. Need to run to the range and make sure that worked, but it makes sense to me that it would.

Last edited:
I think I figured it out. I took the turret off and saw that the zero stop knob was on "9", spun down 1 1/2 revolutions until it hit the zero stop. Loosened the screws on the zero stop knob, spun it back up the 1 1/2 revolutions and put it on "9", tightened the zero stop screws and put the turret back on. Need to run to the range and make sure that worked, but it makes sense to me that it would.
Just make sure you can get all your elevation out of it.

Just make sure you can get all your elevation out of it.

I'll have to check. I essentially followed the directions, I just already knew where my zero was, so instead of shooting I just spun it back up until it was back where it was once I zeroed it. I am trying to wrap my mind around how I could lose elevation adjustment - that has more to do with the scope mount doesn't it?

Also I have learned that when I ( And I am only referring to myself ) am unable to grasp any type of directions / instructions , the easiest way for me to figure something out is to You Tube it.

I would say that is pretty good. Totally dependent on cant on your rail of coarse but that is plenty for a good distance on most std cartridges.
Its on a 260 rem so I am thinking that will be plenty for what I am going to use it for. Right now it is just sitting in talley lightweights...i could always switch it up with a 20 moa rail I guess if I ever feel the need for more.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.