Vortex RZR zero set help

FIGJAM

So I am thinking I jumped the gun and screwed up. I took my 260 to the range to zero the new PST II, but I didn't read the directions first (shocking).' I was able to zero my gun without any problem. I was thinking that I could adjust the zero stop after I got it dialed in. After watching some videos it looks like I am supposed to remove the elevation turret and zero it with the zero set turret underneath? Is there any other way to do it?

Yes, from what I remember, you can take the outer turret off, see what number you're on with the inner turret. Remember it, take a picture, whatever you need to do. Take it all the way down to zero, also remembering the amount of revolutions it took to do so. Loosen the screws on the inner turret, and bring them the same amount of revolutions back up, and back to the number you had when you found your zero. Then tighten the screws on the inner turret. Put the outer turret back on, set to "zero," obviously, and tighten that turret down. Clear as mud?

Yeah man with that zero stop on those leave the turret on zero and remove the top cap loosen the set screws and use the adjuster under the turret cap. Once done tighten the set screws, replace top cap and you are good to go.

Yes, from what I remember, you can take the outer turret off, see what number you're on with the inner turret. Remember it, take a picture, whatever you need to do. Take it all the way down to zero, also remembering the amount of revolutions it took to do so. Loosen the screws on the inner turret, and bring them the same amount of revolutions back up, and back to the number you had when you found your zero. Then tighten the screws on the inner turret. Put the outer turret back on, set to "zero," obviously, and tighten that turret down. Clear as mud?
This makes sense.

So I am thinking I jumped the gun and screwed up. I took my 260 to the range to zero the new PST II, but I didn't read the directions first (shocking).' I was abl
The easiest way is to do it the way the instructions suggest. It works wonderfully.
In 62 years of life about the only instruction book I seriously read is the one that comes with a scope! They are all too different!
e to zero my gun without any problem. I was thinking that I could adjust the zero stop after I got it dialed in. After watching some videos it looks like I am supposed to remove the elevation turret and zero it with the zero set turret underneath? Is there any other way to do it?

I made the same mistake. Gunsmith installed my Vortex scope. Zeroed my rifle at at 100 yards. Shot at 200 and 300 to record elevation click requirements. Set back to 100 yard elevation. Gunsmith then "supposedly" set the zero stop. Took it to range a month later, dialed down to zero ( thinking I was dialing down to zero stop) and guess what? Couldn't hit a 30" x 30" target!!!!!

I am now so "lost" as to how to get the thing back on target, I'm thinking I should send the scope back to Vortex for a factory reset. Then I can start all over again! ugghhh!?!?
Thoughts from you experienced guys?
Oh the scope is mounted on a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor.

I am now so "lost" as to how to get the thing back on target, I'm thinking I should send the scope back to Vortex for a factory reset. Then I can start all over again! ugghhh!?!?
Thoughts from you experienced guys?
Oh the scope is mounted on a Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor.
Just call them and they will walk you through it on the phone....great bunch of folks! Save you time and shipping...tell them what you said here ..they get it all the time and deserve the chuckle too. I have called a couple of times and wait time was about 30 seconds

Boresight it first--easy to do a rough estimate at 25yds. Take bolt out, place rifle in a steady rest, look down the bore, and maneuver it to where the target at 25yds is perfectly(ish) centered. Then, using the method that Vortex lines out on their video, move the turrets to where they're roughly zeroed on the 25yd target (I like to be impacting 1" low at 25yds, especially on a setup like yours, where your scope is higher over the bore.) That will get you on paper at 100. Fine tune at 100yds, and set your zero lock at that distance. You don't need to do a factory reset--that won't do anything for you.

So I am thinking I jumped the gun and screwed up. I took my 260 to the range to zero the new PST II, but I didn't read the directions first (shocking).' I was able to zero my gun without any problem. I was thinking that I could adjust the zero stop after I got it dialed in. After watching some videos it looks like I am supposed to remove the elevation turret and zero it with the zero set turret underneath? Is there any other way to do it?
Your caption says Razor...but PST 11 IS Viper
.make sure you are online looking at the right one

I just had a problem with my razor gen 1. I guess the turrets are close to the same. What they told me to do was take the outer cap off. Then on the inner cap on a razor anyway, there are two Philips head screws. Take them out and pull off the inner cap. Then there will be two drums a inner and a outer. Turn the outer clockwise till it stops. This re times the zero stop. Then re assemble the caps and make sure you are on the zerostop and then loosen screws back up and zero like the instructions say to and then tighten it all up and you should be good to go.

Boresight it first--easy to do a rough estimate at 25yds. Take bolt out, place rifle in a steady rest, look down the bore, and maneuver it to where the target at 25yds is perfectly(ish) centered. Then, using the method that Vortex lines out on their video, move the turrets to where they're roughly zeroed on the 25yd target (I like to be impacting 1" low at 25yds, especially on a setup like yours, where your scope is higher over the bore.) That will get you on paper at 100. Fine tune at 100yds, and set your zero lock at that distance. You don't need to do a factory reset--that won't do anything for you.
I already zeroed it...just wondering if there is a way to adjust my zero stop without starting from scratch.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.