vortex reticle

Rckymtnshooter

I am looking for a new scope in ffp and mils. I'm looking pretty hard at a Vortex razor gen 1 in 5-20 or the new pst gen2 in the 5-25. They both have basically the same reticle. The reticle design in both has an open center instead of crosshair. For anyone that has used these reticle what's your thought on them when aiming at small targets at distance ?

An open center like on leupold tmr or tmoa? If it's like those I like the open center, but once your aiming at distance you're generally using hashes on the windage line to make shots

I have never understood the rationale for the open center reticles of the Vortex Gen 2 EBR-2c. or Leupold TMR for the reason you mentioned. The open center square draws my eye to focus on the target as opposed to the crosshair which at least for me is not conducive to accurate shooting. Not a big deal if you are using other areas of the reticle, but this is not always the case. I very much prefer the solid crosshair center EBR-7 on the AMG, or EBR-1c on the Gen2 Razor for precision shooting at long range.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts