Vortex Razor Reticle Selection

PilotRPI

I've purchased a Remington 700 LTR, and I have decided to go with a Vortex Razor 5-20HD. I'm trying to decide between the EBR-2B and the EBR-3 reticles.

I'm don't have a lot of long range shooting options around me. This is more for precision shooting, and some possible hunting trips out to PA. Long range competitions sound like fun, and there are some not too far away.

My buddy competes in long range shooting, and said the "christmas tree" style is better if you ever want to get into some of the long-range competition stuff. He also made the seemingly good point of the information is there. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but it is nice to have it when you want it.

What do you think of the EBR-2B? Would any of you with that rather have the 3?

Thanks!
Jesse

Thank you. Anything else to consider in this pricerange? Seems like I have to go a lot higher to get anything similar.

I was originally looking in the $700 range (weaver tactical, SS 3-15, and Vortex 4-16 or 6-24), but the 5-20 ebr-2b seems like for a little more money, a scope I may never have to replace.

I have the 5-20 with the 2B reticle and the new Gen II 4.5-27 with the 2C reticle. These are very similar reticles and I love them both, and your friend is right, the information is right there in front of you, you can dial or use the reticle. It is also good when spotting hits/misses for your shooting partner, if he hits low and is in view of your scope, you can likely give him EXACT corrections for his next shot, this worked well for me and my partner when we did the Vortex Extreme Invitational this past August in Utah. I have been using my 5-20 for three years, it is a great scope and I will never part with it.

I've had both. The 2b is IMO the best of the two. I love the windage dots. They make it almost too easy when compensating with a reticle. All of my long range scopes have a similar reticle now.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.