Video of Firenock brand lighted nocks for TAC 15/15i

Be cool to see the same shot done outside, about 15 minutes after sunset, into a target 100-yards away. A movie-camera shot from the side to see the trajectory would be enlightening.

Update:
Here is a youtube video taken at night, slightly from the side, showing the Firenock in flight, and hitting a target at 40-yards.
Three shots are taken, and second shot hits the 1st arrow's Firenock destroying it.
(1st shot around 2:20)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrdkXPpHcr0

Of real interest is the Shafts are fletched with just 2 (two) Aerovane IIs. (mentioned starting after 1:45)

Last edited:
The following youtube video is of a Firenock shot at a deer near dusk from an unknown bow. What is interesting is the Firenock shows the arrows path is slightly curved horizontally.

Being able to watch & trace an Arrows flight from any bow or X-bow, would seem to be an invaluable tool to verify whether the bow or X-bow is properly tuned and/or if there are issues when shooting broadheads.

(Shot occurs at about 1:00)

YouTube - firenock deer

Hey guys, two of the three videos (not the one with the deer) are of me. Sorry for the terrible quality but I have better equipment now for filming, so I hope to be making some more video over the next 4-6 weeks and posting it for all to see.

I will be doing a side by side comparison of the new Scorpyd Telson 130 that should shoot around 390fps and the TAC-15. I'm shooting a 464 grain arrow at 392-393 fps. I will have Firenocks on both shafts and will shoot low light for best video.

I hope to do some very long range shooting once I get everything tuned and shooting right. I have to fletch some shafts with the Aerovane II's and get all the bugs worked out, scope mounted and so forth and so on.

I'll drop in and try to keep you updated as things progress.

I have my first shipment of Firenocks for the TAC series of crossbows enroute as we speak.

Len, that will be the best purchase you can make for the TAC-15, really. The new version that you are getting is very tight and will not slip or move in the shaft. You will find them extremely well-built. You have to use the extreme shock end cap with this system, or you will blow the battery and circuit down the inside of the shaft upon impact.

Please call me when you get these if you have any questions at all. Not difficult once you understand how they work, but sometimes walking people through it seems to help. Installing the ESEC is very important. It is also very important to take the field point out while the glue sets, and do not install the circuit for at least 24 hours or the vapors on the glue will cover the circuit and kill it. Trust me in this one, I know because I did just that.

Once you get the system installed and you complete the steps, prepare to be amazed. If you like to track your arrows over long ranges and see POI, this is the only system that will work with the TAC-15 shafts. You have bought the best of the best and you are going to have fun.

I will be doing some long range testing and video soon, and these nocks will be key to that video. I am waiting on my Aerojig to arrive (which is from Firenock as well) so I can fletch the aerovane II's on my shafts perfectly. That way I can tune my TAC-15 with the two vane set up and Firenocks. I am also waiting on a larger Spyderweb 2.5 target so that I can shoot longer distances without losing a shaft that might have gone off target a bit.

I think you are going to like what you are getting. For me there is no other way to shoot the TAC-15 now. Your old black nocks will look like kids toys junk after you get these in. You know that the mold PSE is using is 25 years old right? PSE's nocks are terrible, and the Firenocks fixes that perfectly. Top quality product right there.

Bob, thanks for the heads up. As I have ZERO experience with any lighted nock, I especially appreciate the help.

Maybe you'd be willing to create a forum thread that would go into some detail, with pix, for the purpose of helping other potential Firenock/TAC15 users?? lightbulb

If you do, work with me up front on the thread title as I have learned the best way to ensure high Google search traffic.

And I had never really thought of using them just for the fun of target shooting and watching the arrow flight. Can't wait to try that.

With this TAC 15/15i, it's a little like being in a candy store. New candy being introduced all the time, namely the Firenock.

Len, I would be glad to make a post like that. I'll put together some pics and information and get ready, then I will contact you on the title info and so forth. It may take me a week or two to get it all done.

With regular hunting circuits, you will go through batteries fairly quickly, especially at longer ranges when they will be burning longer due to the walk to the target and so forth. But the new blinking circuits will be the way to go for this sort of thing. I can't wait to get more of those. I have a few prototypes right now that I will be using for some of the testing. They stay lit for 6 seconds, then go into blinking mode. The red ones will last several weeks, and the green ones will last a few weeks longer than that.

The blinking circuit will help you see groups at long range too. The three arrows will all blink just a little different in time, allowing you to see all three shaft independently instead of one large blob of light.

I think the blinking circuits will be ready sometime later in March. Maybe Dorge will be able to find this thread and add the manufacturers thoughts to the mix.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.