Firenock lighted nocks for Tac 15 arrows - Now available at the LRH Gear Shop

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member

We have Firenock lighted nocks for Tac 15 arrows for sale at the LRH Gear Shop!

To go to the LRH Gear Shop - Firenocks page - Click Here

I will be adding a How-to for installing Firenocks in Tac 15 arrows soon.

-

I will be adding a How-to for installing Firenocks in Tac 15 arrows soon.

Great! That should save me weeks of trial and errorS. Along with needless hair pulling, with glued together finger tips.

Looking forward to the "How-to" or in my case the What not to do... :rolleyes:

Hi Okiebowie and Andy,
Glad to hear that you guy7s are finally carrying Dorge's Firenocks. I've been using the Firenock D nocks for about seven months now and thought I'd share a couple of quick pro's and con's with you.

The Firenock D's provide a much better fit to each arrow shaft than the PSE nocks. The TAC15 Arrows are very inconsistent in the shaft wall diameter from one shaft to another, so the Firenocks were developed with small fins on the which take up this uneven sizing and they provide a consistent type fit, so glue on the nocks is not necessary.

These nocks can be used with or without the lighted circuits. I would also strongly recommend the use of the Carbon Express 250 CXL bulldog collars with these nocks. They are designed to reduce damage due to nock end impacts, so they save a great deal of damage to the rear end of your arrow shafts due to impact damages. They are very cheap and go on very easy with some regular Duco Cement or old style Fletch Tight Cement. Any non fast setting glue can be used.

That said, the PSE nocks are made from a softer plastic material so they will tend to spread open over a couple dozen shots usually. The Firenock D's are made of a much harder plastic compound so they never spread open or lose their shape, but they will also be more brittle than the PSE nocks. This means that if you shove them onto your cable to hard, they will have a tendency to break off a top or bottom prong. They can be changed in the field or anywhere else with just plier, so they are easier to work with than the PSE nocks.

Last, when talking about the Firenocks without the lighted circuits, they are cheaper than the PSE nocks, so they're a better deal all around.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Thanks for the good info Jon Henry.

My Dad and I always appreciate your insight.

What weight broadhead have you found to work the best with your Firenock setup?

Hi Andy,
I never use the lighted Firenocks with the circuits in them. As I stated, I use only the Firenock D's, so I keep all my broadheads at 100 grain. This maintains an F.O.C. of about 12 percent. Between 10 and 15 percent is what's recommended.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.