Very Funny Bushnell Secret of the Hunt Show!!!!

5Redman8

Today on Bushnell's Secret of the Hunt June 2 2005 Classic Hunt #4, they were hunting Blanco Creek Ranch in Sabinal Texas. Jeremy Kelso was hunting....he is a member of South 65....a country group.

Well, while watching the shooting of a buck, I noticed the bolt was open before, during, and after the shot. He sticks his rifle out the window and I said to myself...the bolt is open....this is gona suck when he pulls and no bang. Well, with his finger on the trigger,I got ready for the disappointment and then to my surprise....boooooooom....down goes the buck. Thought I had seen it wrong until they cut back to the shooter and sure enough his hands had not moved but the bolt was still up!!! I thought to myself no big deal, most of the hunting shows FAKE certain things...finding the animal, trigger squeeze etc...

BUT THEN here comes the WHAMMY....Dave Watson the host goes into this long spill about how his hunting show is REAL...not faked like some shows. The way you see it is the way it happened...none of this cutting here and boom dead deer.

All of this and TERRIBLE acting to boot.....I MUST SAY IT HAS NOW BECOME A CLASSSSSSSIC....emphasis on ***. I have shown it to mu buddies and we all crack up.

I CRACKED UP!!! Laughed my *** off

So then, seeing as he has his own forum....I thought I would email him but guess what, no email. So I posted this message and guess what....DELETED.

Too funny,
Kyle

Well I guess we will have to just start watching Tred Barta. He does everything the Barta way, which is the hard way!! Like the episode where he was attempting to shoot the geese with the bow. I do emphasize ATTEMPTING.

It would not have even bothered me if he hadn't started PREACHING about how honest he was and how OTHER shows aren't.

I admittedly have a problem with shows when nothing is harvested!?!?

Kyle

[ QUOTE ]
Like the episode where he was attempting to shoot the geese with the bow. I do emphasize ATTEMPTING .

[/ QUOTE ] It is not as hard as you would think. He never got any to decoy too well. We generally get 2-3 kills a season, when they cupp their wings and are about 15 yrds in your face. I have tried ducks as well much harder (smaller and lot faster).

Well have ya seen the shows where the gun goes bang really loud and as they open the chamber there is NO empty? What about the shows where they shoot a deer and then crawl right down after 20 minutes to look. Yet the light is totally different? Or they retrieve a shot that was " a little bit back" the next morning and the deer is limber. Yet according to the show it died right away and they were being safe. Especially with archery shots I often wonder how many they shoot the next morning with a rifle. I'm an archery hunter and this isn't a slam on archery.

I've also had the pleasure/displeasure to guide a well known company while filming spring turkey hunts in TX. The way the films are pieced together made me want to puke in a way. Nothing is as it seems. Excepting maybe the actual kill shot. ITs most all faked after the fact.

Makes me watch shows less, and the ones I watch, I watch with a magnifying glass.

Which leads back to the fact that personally, I"d rather see a bit of a homemade show thats real than a commercial one. I'm a bit favorable to the Gander Mountain shows since they show a lot of failure or only a few fish caught etc..... Like it normally is in life. Vs the shows that always have big bucks and always limit out..... Tred is a bit much, but seems more reality also

Jeff

First off for yall's information I like TRED BARTA. A little over the top but definitely a releif from the norm!

With that said, what you whitnessed is HILARIOUS. I have never had the pleasue and personal satisfaction of spotting such an atrosity but will some day. Although a freind of mine who is a fly fishing guide watched the guy on fly fish america every time it came on and was amased at how he always seemed to know where the fish were and when they were gonna take the fly. But one day he got to guide him! And as they were walking down the railroad tracks to the river the camera man was picking up road stakes. They later would film the host catching a fish and then they would go back to the same spot and tie a railroad spike to the end of they guys line so that it looked like the strike indicator was floating down stream and then the host always seem to know when the fish took the fly and he would set the hook. Well then they would edit the film later and after he set the hook on the pretend fish(railroad spike) and then flip to the fight of the fish that he caught earlier.

MAN SOME OF THE NERVE THE PEOPLE HAVE ON THESE SHOWS!!! I just can't beleive these people any more. But I am assuming that B&W of TRED BARTA is real until I have other evidence.

Fake Fake Fake, I just watched it on the old DVR and it is very funny! It makes you wonder. Anyway Dave Watson makes me puke now. He owes everyone an explanation of what happened on that hunt. Especially after the lecture about being real.......

Got an email from Jeremiah....Daves camera man. He was very cordial and explained that it was a one camera hunt and the editor did not have much footage to work with. The camera was on the animal and not on the shooter during the shot. Said Dave was meaning that the animals are shot as you see them....some cutting and acting may be done but if they are bowhunting, then it was a bow kill. If it was gut shot then they will show the gutshot.

I accept this explanation but it was a terrible show to coincide with a rant about not faking things.

Kyle

Did you ever catch the epesode of Hunting 201 with Kim Hicks hunting Red Stag in New Zeeland? He keeps changing from blue jeans to camo pants durring the stalk.

If the camera was on the animal during the shot why didn't they show the kill shot? Why make up some scene of the shooter before and after the shot. Too much choppy choppy for my taste........

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.