Varmint 300 RUM

Ah man that's a sore subject, I had just gotten it and was at the range when a guy asked what it was and I told him. He thought it was the coolest thing and asked if he could try it, I was reluctant cause I just got it but in they end said yes. He and his buddy's all had AR's and there was a little crowd looking over the whole thing, I told him if you shoot it you own it he said OK I am not going to shoot it. well guess what he grazed it and that caused a hullabaloo. I said you owe me a new chrono then he shot another one over it and it still worked, he said hey it still works I don't have to buy you another one, I said you shoot it you own it and you shot it. Well he did not want to own up to it, even his buddy's called him on it, I did not want to get into an arguement with an idiot with an AR. So there you go.

Dean
I would be furious! Fun seeing such high numbers on it though!

How did the RUM print?
Better than I can shoot, I can't seem to shoot over the chrono and do groupings at the same time, And I have a hard time concentrating, when I have a bunch of AR15 going off with there 16" barrels and muzzle breaks less than a couple feet from me. I swear they have no concept of shooting etiquette.
Hey I love ARs I have sevral myself But they are a different crowd must be a millennials thing.

Dean

Better than I can shoot, I can't seem to shoot over the chrono and do groupings at the same time, And I have a hard time concentrating, when I have a bunch of AR15 going off with there 16" barrels and muzzle breaks less than a couple feet from me. I swear they have no concept of shooting etiquette.
Hey I love ARs I have sevral myself But they are a different crowd must be a millennials thing.

Dean
Shouldn't be a problem much longer. The way ammo prices are rising young folks will be out and unable to afford the price of admission for more. They have other priorities anyway once the cool factor wears off. My kids are in that group and have the shortest attention spans I've ever witnessed in adults. I hear it is common.

Ah man that's a sore subject, I had just gotten it and was at the range when a guy asked what it was and I told him. He thought it was the coolest thing and asked if he could try it, I was reluctant cause I just got it but in they end said yes. He and his buddy's all had AR's and there was a little crowd looking over the whole thing, I told him if you shoot it you own it he said OK I am not going to shoot it. well guess what he grazed it and that caused a hullabaloo. I said you owe me a new chrono then he shot another one over it and it still worked, he said hey it still works I don't have to buy you another one, I said you shoot it you own it and you shot it. Well he did not want to own up to it, even his buddy's called him on it, I did not want to get into an arguement with an idiot with an AR. So there you go.

Dean
That sucks if he agreed he should have stood by his word, even if it still works the value went down

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.