Varmint 300 RUM

Shouldn't be a problem much longer. The way ammo prices are rising young folks will be out and unable to afford the price of admission for more. They have other priorities anyway once the cool factor wears off. My kids are in that group and have the shortest attention spans I've ever witnessed in adults. I hear it is common.
And that is exactly what the liberals are trying to accomplish, make it too costly for us to enjoy our pastime.

110gr Sierra HP 100gr RL17 3.5 COAL
I was getting a good vapor trail but at 300 yards they did not last long.
It has a 30"17 twist Barrel

Dean
I used to load the Sierra 110 hp in a 300 wby and get low 4K out of it with imr4350. Now I gotta break out the RE!! You should watch that bullet on deer size game and black bears!!!!

One thing you have to stay on top of is how old your loads are, you cannot run the the type of handloads I am running and take them for granted.
One of the main things is you cannot fire these with bullet frozen, welded, sealed, in to the neck that causes alot more pressure than powder ever will.
So what I do is I know what I am going to shoot the next time and take those cases and run them through the bullet seater, and set the seater 10,20,50
thou whatever is needed and push the bullets in to the case to break the weld, seal, or what ever it is called you can hear a pop and you can also feel it. When you are running this type of load you can never have to much jump on the lands. I even do this on factory stuff fo me and others. Hey I don't know how long that stuff has been on the shelves. Just a heads up I have seen them stuck less then a month after I have loaded them. It also give a more consistant FPS what do they call that ES or they other thing I forget that even goes for factory loads.

Dean

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.