V V 135 in a .308 ??

Pat B.

I have a bunch of 135 from a 6br project.. I'm wondering if it will work in a .308 with 155-175smk's ...??

thanks,
Pat

155s, definately. 42gr broke 2700 in the 26" barrel I developed the load for. Start around 37.
175s, maybe. I haven't had much success in getting them to shoot well, but it is doable if your goal is putting lead downrange... who knows... it may be great in yours. I got mucho pressure signs at 43.7 and 2600... id guess max at about 41 or a little less... but watch your stuff.

This powder, VV 135 is the most accurate powder for me in several .308's. Especially with the 155 grain Sierra bullet. I only wish I had more of it, but being a PPC shooter, I'm stuck with lots of VV 130 and VV 133... Not such a bad thing I guess!

Ive got most of a 2lb container left here... and nothing to burn it in right now. ill make you a deal on it if you wanted to swap for it

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.