using non mag primer in 7mm?

schmidty85

Hey guys I just bought a 7mm rem sendero and can't find mag primers anywhere. I do have some Remington 9 1/2 non mag primers. Just wondering if I can use those. The powder I am planning on using is imr 7828 and 168 grain berger vlds. Let me hear your input thanks!

I use Fed GM210M with 162 gr Amax and H1000. 210's seems to be more consistent. The 215's are faster but MV has a wider spread.

Only one way to find out. If you get good ignition in colder temps plus good accuracy then using non-mag primers is no problem. Winchester WLRP primers are known to burn hotter than a lot of other primers if you can find some of them, if in case the Rems don't work.

Funny you started the thread, I just started playing with 168vld and 7828ssc . I started with cci250 with decent accuracy at 2990fps with 66.0gr. Went up to 67 gr with no pressure signs. Probably have another accuracy node at a higher charge but this barrel is kind of slow (26" factory Sendero).

I have a load workup for next week with gm215m primers. If thats not as good as 250s I'll go directly to gm210m.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.