US OPTICS has a new website!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Loner, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

New yes easy to use heck no! I cant do anything at all with it cant build a scope or get this menue to not appear on the page of get the links or icons to do anything at all.

3. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Cool looking but that's about it, I found myself getting pissed just trying to wade through it. I did get through configuring a scope but I was not in a buying mood by the time I made it to the end!!!

4. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

I think you are just not familiar with USO's choices and options. I went through and
    built a 1.8x10 in well under 2 minutes but I know what all the terms are for the knobs
    and reticle choices. That is where I find the updated website is so much more helpfull.
    Clicking on a scope gives a spec field on the right, clicking on details for any spec brings
    up a screen in screen with more info and all of the upgrades and their pricing.
    With the literally thousands of configurations available it's a pretty fast and easy way
    to learn what they offer and afterward your scope can be designed in under 2 minutes.
    There's buying off the shelf and there is USO when it comes to scopes.

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

I own 2 of there scopes so fimilarty is not the issue the website is.

6. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

I had zero problems with the website, so I'm at a loss. I didn't like the old website
    much at all, none of the options had any info that could be accessed without leaving
    the screen you were in. Made relying on memory a factor and I don't like doing that
    when making purchases. I still wish they would post iphy and moa more clearly. Their
    stuff is iphy unless otherwise stated and it's still listed as moa as far as I know.
    I just checked, if you look at a reticle choice, click on larger image it states clearly as
    to being iphy or moa.

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

I agree with you it is a better site but all I'm saying is I dont think it works right at all. US optics seems to be struggling from the same thing LMT has been struggling with for years bad web sites which has to hurt sales these days for sure.

8. jason USO

jason USO New Member

Hi guys,

We are still working on it. It was actually launched two days early. The website guys are fixing most of the problems as we speak and it should be fully functional by Tuesday for SHOT show. Sorry for any convenience.

Jason

9. ICANHITHIMMAN

No worries Jason keep us posted

10. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a lot more presentable than the original site. I haven't had the chance to run through it yet but I don't see any trouble, I could navigate the original w/o any troubles. Thanks Jason for touching base...

BTW, I REALLY want a new USO!

11. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

A friend on firefox and a pc/windows couldn't get the reticle drawings to enlarge today.
    They worked fine on safari and firefox on the mac.