US Optics

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by joe0121, Jun 24, 2013.

1. joe0121

joe0121 Well-Known Member

WOW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KAVpghFI7s]The APA PARAGON destruction test #7 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

Why would they do that?

3. joe0121

Prove how tough their rifle is I guess.

4. Chase Curtis

Chase Curtis Official LRH Sponsor

Really?

5. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Hopefully this was at the request of US Optic!

6. gebhardt02

gebhardt02 Well-Known Member

Yes, he did that to showcase the new Paragon rifle and the components that went into it. The rifle performed pretty well I thought. Regarding the scope, I believe USO knew he was doing it but you'd have to ask J. Joplin himself if you really need to know. Either way, the whole package took quite a bit of abuse and kept on ticking for the most part. APA builds good stuff.

Geb

7. joe0121

I was surprised he was able to re-adjust the scope after the lense was cracked on the inside.

8. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here trying to decide which of the kids I sell to finance a high end scope, and these guys shoot theirs. Crazy world, if its an ad it did not enhance my desire for either rifle or scope.

9. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

I've seen all of the Paragon vids. I thought it was pretty interesting. Would I do that to one of mine? Heck no. But I don't mind watching someone else do it :D.

Every time I watched that kid shoot the USO i'm reminded of the daily reoccurring question: "What do you get when you pay top dollar for optics?"..... Perty good answer I reckon.

t

10. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Its theirs to do what they want with, but to push a product it would be better for me to test it in a way someone might use it. Put it in a scabbard and let a 1250 lb horse use it as a back scratcher, put a camera on it do the dirt sky, dirt sky review in sheep country, or same view with an ATV, lean it on the front of the truck have lunch and run it over. This one is mine, I found a nice tree out of the way in camp, under a tarp to keep weather off after I wiped it clean for the day. Spent the whole next day trying to get the ocular lens clear of the pine pitch that oozed in it overnight. Probably didn't help the coatings much. Scope covers are a good accessory!