Uneven Rifling

My buddy contacted the warranty depot here in Canada and the rifle is off warranty. As we can't ship across the border it will be out of pocket and a gunsmith.
Call Precision Arms in Ontario and talk with Steve Excellent gunsmith

From what you have posted I would call around getting prices and thoughts from the barrel manufacturer themselves.The more you learn by asking questions the less surprised you will be when and if you decide that you are going to re barrel that rifle.
Things like barrel contours, Barrel length as well as adding a muzzle brake are viable concerns. Also if you plan to do the barrel change yourself what additional tools will you need. Lets just say a barrel vise with jaws, an action wrench Savage has used over 3 different style barrel nuts also incidentals like barrel shoulder stops and other hardware. Perhaps even a new stock to fit your new barrel. All of this can be quite pricey so you have some time to think things threw to their entirety and not get blind sided. I myself would plan on re barreling your rifle and plan accordingly.
Best Of Luck !

To my eyes is appears as though the button die which is pulled along the inside of the barrel to cut the barrels lands and also forms the grooves in spec with the correct barrel twist was not in T.I.R. (total indicated run out of factory tolerances) and cut deeper into one side of the bore than another.
If Savage lives up to their name I would send those photographs to them and hopefully customer service will rectify the issue. This is just carelessness on the part of the assembly technician and how for the life of me did this assembly pass through Savage's QC Department?
Luckily though the barrels proof marks will tell Savage Arms who the hell OK'd this weapon, and should have caught this error before it was sent out.
As I understand it Savage Arms fires each weapon at a target set At 100 yards and not only checks the weapons functionality,but accuracy !
Please do not let this matter go unchallenged !
To me as an American Vet, it is simply a matter of that made in the USA label standing for American know how and craftsmanship.
What else need be said!

To my eyes is appears as though the button die which is pulled along the inside of the barrel to cut the barrels lands and also forms the grooves in spec with the correct barrel twist was not in T.I.R. (total indicated run out of factory tolerances) and cut deeper into one side of the bore than another.
If Savage lives up to their name I would send those photographs to them and hopefully customer service will rectify the issue. This is just carelessness on the part of the assembly technician and how for the life of me did this assembly pass through Savage's QC Department?
Luckily though the barrels proof marks will tell Savage Arms who the hell OK'd this weapon, and should have caught this error before it was sent out.
As I understand it Savage Arms fires each weapon at a target set At 100 yards and not only checks the weapons functionality,but accuracy !
Please do not let this matter go unchallenged !
To me as an American Vet, it is simply a matter of that made in the USA label standing for American know how and craftsmanship.
What else need be said!
Where did you come up with savage accuracy testing 100% of their rifles as they come off the line? Not saying you're wrong, just curious where that information came from. I've always wondered how so many of their rifles shoot so well out of the box, but that would explain it if they only make it into the box if they shoot worth a crap

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.