uneven lug contact

This is unusual. I guess that's what I get for staying up late.

+1 I have the same problem sometimes staying up to late also.

At this point sounds like it may have to much head space, but like most, I would have to inspect it myself to find the problem. The fact that it is not marking both recoil lugs after firing (The fired brass should force both of the lugs into contact and when extracted should touch both lugs )indicates there is something not correct and needs to be addressed.

At this point the only recommendation I can make is to do a complete tear down and blue print the action. (In the process of blue printing the problem can be found and will be eliminated). The plus side of blueprinting is that every is square and on the centerline and normally it reduces the head-space by a few thousandths allowing the chamber to be freshened up and the correct head space
set.

The blueprinting process can only help the performance of any firearm, not hurt it.

We can guess and guess but until someone does a complete check of everything it is just that
A GUESS.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts