U know what Leupold needs to do?

This Is What We Really need

What they really need to do is build one with a little more power like a 4X14 with a long range reticle.

I have suggested to Leupold's Pat Mundy, that a 3.5X-10X with their ballistics aiming system would be a great addition to their handgun scope line-up. If this were possible, I believe it would be one of the finest hunting handgun scopes available.

Add an AO and target turrets to what you have mentioned.
One of the reasons I have gone to rifle scopes is that i can find everything I need there.
The only limiting factor is I cannot see a full FOV on the bigger cartridges.
I have also mentioned this to Pat and Tim.
Or just make a rifle scope or a intermediate eye relief scope with 5" of eye relief and I am set to go.

Hey B&L 6500 is claiming 5" of eye relief? I thaught that may take the place of my burris. The burris hasnt even been mounted yet. But for 579.00 for the B&L, with resetable turrets and 90MOA adjustment. I might have to try it. That is if I can get out to the shop and not work on someone elses stuff. The XP has been waiting for 2 or 3 months now.

Jason

Jason,
that sounds impressive.
What is the variable x range?
I'm curious to what the eye relief is at its highest power?

Thanks for the heads up

That should be a great alternative optic with that kind of eye relief (and side parallax)--sort of a short intermediate eye relief of sorts. After seeing the DVD's of u guys shooting on the bench at the big antelope hunt, and the Dakota i'm sure u could get a full field of view from them @ 5" with a muzzle break no problem. Could be we have just what we're looking for already?

I think there are several models now Ern. I'll have to look into that. I know i can get 1 for testing. The problem is i don't like their reticles that much. If the 6500 mil-dots are cald for a lower than highest power than that would be OK--but u know me--i'm picky about my tree reticle patterns.

Mark--i would like to see that 2.

I think they should start using world class optics and internals--no reason they can't.... USO does it with every scope they make--if they made a line like that then I would buy more of them...

Here is what I have found:
I am assuming the eye relief listed is for the lowest magnification.

Specifications of Bushnell Elite 6500 Rifle-Scopes:
The 4.5-30x scope has 4 inches of eye relief, while the 2.5-16x has 3.9 inches of eye relief.

Is this the scope(s) we are talking about?

Last edited:
I couldn't stand it and called Bushnell.
The eye relief is 4 inches constantly through all magnification changes.

Sorry Earnie,

I have been busy with the shop and it looks like the baby is going to show up any time now. Thats good to know that someone has actually talked to bushnell. I read one ad and it says the 3.9 another says 5. I had just figured it was high to low magnification. Now if that four is ACTUALLY four. Well then thats better than most everything. I measured my nightforce with the help of the brother in law. It is actually just over three. An extra inch is an extra inch! Oh yeah 4.5-30 WOW! I have owned a few bushnell 4200 and they are brighter than nightforce,leupold,USO. I think the only scope rated higher for light transmision on the whole is Zeis? If the turrets are USEABLE than its sold.

Jason

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts