Two 1903 Sporters

damienph

1943 Smith Corona 03A3 and 1928 Springfield Armory 1903
PA162106.jpg

PA162109-1.jpg

You must have put a shitload of money into these rifles, I got close to 2k into mine and
now my Dentest has a stick of walnut for a stock. Its been in his attic for well over 40 years
on the cheek peice there is a round ball in the stock the size of an infent football.
It goes through both sides I saw his dads Springfield with one of his stocks and It is a mind blower. the forarm area has turned to a marble.

10 stars from this Man.

These two guns are very nice, love both set ups. My father sporterized one like the bottom rifle with Lyman peeps and a bishop stock probably 50+ years ago, your rifle has a much better look, his wood is a lot lighter in color.
Dad had an old RockIsland 03 on the rack for years he never finished. I asked him To let me have it and I would finish it. He reluctantly gave it over and I finished it out. I made it a 100% working gun with a bell and carlson stock and mounted a one piece Leupold base mount on it and put a Leupold on top. The old thing will stack 110-150gr. Bullets, 165's ok, but any above that, it's not too good. The barrel was stamped 12/43. It was definely a barrel for 150 ball rounds for WWI- WWII.
FE

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.