Two Remington 300 Ultra Mags

rtv900

Here is my story. I talked with Jim See at Center Shot Rifles about getting a new rifle made. I decided that I wanted a 300 RUM. Jim was so nice to work with. I talked with him about what I didn't like about my other rifles. I had some crazy ideas about what I wanted and Jim really gave me some valuable advice. He really helped me step by step so I would get not only what I wanted but something that would work for my needs. Jim's approach to building a rifle is great. Its all about what you are going to do with that rifle. I have always been a guy that wants a light weight gun. The lighter the better but then I am not happy with the way the gun shoots. I was really pleased with Jim's approach to the build. I know many of you have purchased rifles from Jim and I hope the rest of you have the pleasure of working with him. I have not picked up my rifle yet but he sent me pictures so I could not wait to post them. The black rifle is mine and the brown/black rifle is my friends rifle. Jim built mine out of a Remington 300 RUM BDL I sent him. He built my friends out of a Sako 75 300 RUM that my friend had. As you can see Jim did a wonderful job putting these together. I have not shot either one but I have all the faith in the world that these will be some fine shooting guns.

Please give Jim a call at Center Shot Rifles experience the pleasure of working with him. You won't regret it.

csrrifle.png

csrrifletodd.png

I can't wait to pull the trigger!!!

Last edited:
Those interupted fluted barrels are getting popular.

I really think they look cool. I think I finally got the pictures posted properly. The barrels are something different. I have always had a straight fluted barrel. I am happy with the way these turned out.

I agree. I own 4 of them.

Four from Jim? You're a lucky man. I just asked for a quote on a 243 from him...I can't wait to get going on that one. With hunting season just around the bend I am itching to get out to the range with this 300RUM.

rtv900
Congratulations on those great looking rigs you have there.
Would really like to see them when they are completely assembled with scope, bipod, ACD, ACI, etc...
Hope they are great shooters.
Keep us posted.

Jim is certainly putting out some fine rifles. No doubt you and your friend will not be disappointed when you start shooting them. Keep us posted when you start the range sessions.

If I recall it was an extra $100 for fluting for my Brux barrels. I don't think it matters if it is straight fluting or interrupted.

Trueblue, are you still thinking about heading up to ND for some waterfowl hunting? It should be good this year with all the water we have had. Deer numbers are looking down though.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.