MCR 338-300 Ultra Mag

Kevin Cram

Finished this up a month or so ago. I really liked the appearance of this rifle. Clean yet powerful. Here's the specs.

338-300 Ultra Mag
Borden Timberline Action
Brux Barrel / Rem. Varmint Contour / Interrupted Flutes
4 Port Muscle Brake
Jewel Trigger
Wyatts MBE-3 Mag Box
PTG / BDL Bottom Metal
Bell and Carlson Medalist Stock

Daryl Roberts 338-300 Ultra Mag #1.jpg

Daryl Roberts 338-300 Ultra Mag #2.jpg

Daryl Roberts 338-300 Ultra Mag #3.jpg

Daryl Roberts 338-300 Ultra Mag #4.jpg

Daryl Roberts 338-300 Ultra Mag #5.jpg

Daryl Roberts 338-300 Ultra Mag #6.jpg

Hey Kevin

Rifle looks great.
I got to shoot it saturday for the first time. It was very windy all day but I had to shoot it at least once. So far everything looks real good.

Thanks for the Great work !

Daryl L. Roberts

Nice Rifle! Good jpb Kevin. My experience with MCR leads me to believe you will be pleased with the rifle. Keep us posted on your progress with the loads. What bullet are you using? My 338/300 likes the SMK.

Thanks peashooter & gamehawker.

I want to try and shoot the 225 gn. NAB.
I've seen pictures off deer shot with the 300 gn. SMK and all I can say is Lord have mercy.
If I draw an elk tag I might move up.
I posted a ??? in the reloading forum you might can help me with.

Thanks

Daryl

Super nice rig!

What B&C stock is that? Looks like an A2 minus the wide forearm.
I have a 300 RUM that I want to put a B&C A3 (hook style) stock on but to my knowledge they are only available for the short actions.

Super nice rig!

What B&C stock is that? Looks like an A2 minus the wide forearm.
I have a 300 RUM that I want to put a B&C A3 (hook style) stock on but to my knowledge they are only available for the short actions.

Although this is a four year old thread, i would be interested in knowing more about the stock too. Evey B&C Medallist that I've seen had a fore end that flares out.

It is a graybull precision.
I have a few B&C and this one looks like a B&C inside.
I think they build them for graybull but im not sure.

Daryl (Ramp) Roberts

The 338-300 Ultra Mag is its politically correct name. Shawn Carlock has done extensive work with it and it got dubbed a portion of his company name Defensive Edge for the 338 Edge.

I believe those are Talley rings. You can't rightfully lapp the cap and the bottom. The bottoms are the stationary part and after lapping are not removed. The caps are just a clamp to hold the scope to the fixed bottoms that are in perfect alignment after lapping.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.