Truck battery dead ...

UPDATE: 11/16/21

I got myself another unit for my truck.

Battery charger AVAPOW.jpg

I just ordered one FEENIX.
A friend called me to ask what happened to his truck after he jumped a stranded car.He Jumped it and the check engine light came on as soon as my friend started his truck.I checked the codes and it was quad driver codes,4 codes in all.
Burned computer in his truck.Will have to replace the computer to see if anything else is burned.
If a battery shorts inside the battery(Many die that way)it will send voltage to the ground side and there is no computer protection on the ground side.
My wife has instructions to NEVER jump someone's dead battery with the cables connected!
This little unit will protect your vehicle's computer system(Many newer vehicles have 3-5 computer systems)from unwanted voltage on ground wires.

Unbelievable battery!
It is my truck at all times! I'll tell you how many times I've used the product below..........hunting trip, wife's car battery, charges my cell phone in camp etc. I was so impressed I bought two of them for my son-in-laws for Christmas. Ya just NEVER know when that battery isn't going to work.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company/Amazon/inventor etc. 😀
I have the Genius Boost GB70 2000A model and it works great but I saw a comparison video and it did not fair so well in cold temps as many of the others. Video is worth a look;

I have the Genius Boost GB70 2000A model and it works great but I saw a comparison video and it did not fair so well in cold temps as many of the others. Video is worth a look;

Project farms videos are awesome. Makes researching products a little easier.

My 08 Toyota Tacoma battery lasted 11 years also . But then the replacement I got from advance only lasted a year . Go figure!

I've had an ACdelco 6 year battery last 10 years before, but had plenty last less. I had a Chevy camper edition that had 2 batteries installed like diesels do that if 1 went down I could use the other for a jump. A battery maintainer can keep a battery lasting longer. There was a way too jumpstart from the cig lighter which made it easy.

Thanks for info - been stuck for more than 1 hour waiting for AAA - no warning but was negligent for failing to access battery condition. Could have happened deep inside rodent territory.