Truck battery dead ...

FEENIX

after 10.5 years. I was replacing a burnt headlight bulb this PM on my 2011 Toyota Tundra, and when I tried to start, it barely turned. I checked connections and got ready to jump it when I noticed it was an OEM battery, so I opted to replace it from 710 cold cranks to 750, not taking any chances. Thank God it happened in my garage and not out in the cold/hunting in the MT wilderness. Not too shabby for an OEM battery. 😇

Unbelievable battery!
It is my truck at all times! I'll tell you how many times I've used the product below..........hunting trip, wife's car battery, charges my cell phone in camp etc. I was so impressed I bought two of them for my son-in-laws for Christmas. Ya just NEVER know when that battery isn't going to work.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company/Amazon/inventor etc. 😀

Attachments

• 5AE1C51D-8A07-4398-B5E7-FAAC61AD1E2D.png
    5AE1C51D-8A07-4398-B5E7-FAAC61AD1E2D.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 70
Unbelievable battery!
It is my truck at all times! I'll tell you how many times I've used the product below..........hunting trip, wife's car battery, charges my cell phone in camp etc. I was so impressed I bought two of them for my son-in-laws for Christmas. Ya just NEVER know when that battery isn't going to work.

Fear made me buy one too!

3 years ago I went to a place I rarely go as no cell signal and a heck of a long walk if a breakdown happened.
Ran into a guy that said his battery was dead so I drove him to his truck and jumped it and he called me later that evening saying he got home ok.
100.00 is well worth it to not get caught out in the middle of nowhere!

Unbelievable battery!

I carry a similar one ...

Battery charger Blue Fuel.jpg

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBC...splay shows battery capacity and input/output

It's why I always check my battery and alternator every 5000 miles when I do all the oil fluid and lube things and move tires all around the truck. Soon as if fails my battery tester, I'll load test it and if it's below 9.6 volts…I'm off for the store to swap a battery.

It's why I always check my battery and alternator every 5000 miles when I do all the oil fluid and lube things and move tires all around the truck. Soon as if fails my battery tester, I'll load test it and if it's below 9.6 volts…I'm off for the store to swap a battery.
In my old Suburban, I change batteries every 36 months (warranty).

In my old Suburban, I change batteries every 36 months (warranty).
Geez. That sucks. Sounds like a parasitic draw, but I'm just a home mechanic. Mostly because I do my 4x4 work, mods and fixes. And I also don't trust mechanics at the stealership.

I have a Tacoma, so I haven't had many battery changes. It's newish anyways so, the swap was for a larger battery modification for my aux accessories.

My old TJ on the other hand…I still do the same thing service wise. Batteries would last 3-4 years but I live closer to bob up there^, and the 120 degree summers are unforgiving to batteries. I think the Costco interstate one is the most recent and has been doing the best so far.

Geez. That sucks. Sounds like a parasitic draw,.
It was OK when I lived in AZ and NM, but it all went downhill when I moved to MT. Because temps go well below zero (-20-30F), I opted for a battery with a higher CCA; I was getting some compatibility between alternator and battery - IIRC, battery burning diode in the alternator and alternator causing cell modules in the battery. I no longer have the Burb.

10.5 years? Pretty dang amazing! Bob is right, here in AZ sometimes at 6 mos. (soonest for me) to a couple or so years they get replaced at least for me. Especially in that warranty period lol. I have terrible luck with batteries.

I have the same NOCO battery starter as @AZHTR but the previous model. Got one for both vehicles. They work amazing! Jumped started a big Diesel engine that was completely dead and they were pretty amazed that little battery starter did that. I feel so much more comfortable in the boonies with it.

Last edited:
It's 10.5 months in Phoenix.
I'd give that battery a 21 gun salute and a proper burial.
10.5 years? Pretty dang amazing! Bob is right, here in AZ sometimes at 6 mos. (soonest for me) to a couple years they get replaced. Especially in that warranty period lol.

I have the same NOCO battery starter as @AZHTR but the previous model. Got one for both vehicles. They work amazing! Jumped started a big Diesel engine that was completely dead and they were pretty amazed that little battery starter did that. I feel so much more comfortable in the boonies with it.
LOL! I was stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB, Tucson AZ, from 1996-1996; luckily, I did not have battery issues then.

Last edited: