Tripods?

I just ordered this. Primarily used for spotting and the occasional shooting off of at matches. I know it's not a 2Vets or some 4 digit tripod from RRS. But for what I'll need it to do it checks every single box. advertised as having a weight capacity of 70lbs isnt too bad either. Delivered tomorrow and will hopefully give an update.

Amazon product ASIN B089ZN36CS
I see the number when quoting your post but it doesn't show up on the page.

Is this it?
https://www.amazon.com/ARTCISE-Ultr...e-garden&sprefix=b089zn36cs,garden,176&sr=1-1
Tripod.

Last edited:
I have a Bog clamp type tripod. If the rifle at the point of clamping has a relatively flat bottom & parallel slightly curved sides, it is just OK. I have 2 options, take a wood rasp to the stock & recontour it or come up with some type of pad that surrounds the stock & provides a flat bottom & sides for the clamp to grip.

I also use the Bog tripod with my scoped Ruger MKIV .22LR pistol to shoot rodents, for this I use a sandbag stuffed into the clamp.

Generally, I like tripods and use them mostly for stand-up shooting, don't like getting close to dirt & tripods enable me to see over weeds & stuff.

I don't need to tote the Bog around much & prefer some additional weight for stability. The Bog works out well for bore sighting & scope mounting.

I just ordered this. Primarily used for spotting and the occasional shooting off of at matches. I know it's not a 2Vets or some 4 digit tripod from RRS. But for what I'll need it to do it checks every single box. advertised as having a weight capacity of 70lbs isnt too bad either. Delivered tomorrow and will hopefully give an update.

Amazon product ASIN B089ZN36CStripod link
I have one of those tripods. Outstanding stability. It's the larger of the two I use, 1lb heavier and a little more bulky on the pack. I usually pack the next one smaller. Good choice, you'll love it.

That tripod is comparable in size to the RRS 34. The smaller one is comparable to the 24L. IMO, those are like 80-90% of a RRS tripod. The heads are a different story. The Anvil 30 is just a superior product. On the smaller one I have the Davros pro and for what it is used for it is outstanding. I'd like to at least add the Anvil 30 to the tripod you posted up. The ball head works but isn't as comparable to the RRS piece. On the smaller one, I think the Davros Pro might be the better match.

I have one of those tripods. Outstanding stability. It's the larger of the two I use, 1lb heavier and a little more bulky on the pack. I usually pack the next one smaller. Good choice, you'll love it.
fiddled with it for a bit. It seems pretty sturdy. If I feel like I need to upgrade to the anvil 30 later I will. but for now I think its perfect for what I need.

Which is the smaller tripod you use? I'm looking for a packable tripod.

I will not shoot without one. Usually a RRS tripod.

Attachments

• 28128A48-C927-4424-98F6-09CA35EA255E.jpeg
    28128A48-C927-4424-98F6-09CA35EA255E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 648428B5-B38F-42DB-8212-395161E4EE29.jpeg
    648428B5-B38F-42DB-8212-395161E4EE29.jpeg
    458.8 KB · Views: 67
Caldwell Pod inside my blind in West Virginia. 10 to 12 years . Light and easy to set up and move around inside the blind. Then the Bog Death Grip in Carbon, got it three years ago, strong and stable. Love them both.

Attachments

• IMG_3485.JPG
    IMG_3485.JPG
    869 KB · Views: 36
  • photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20131127_102213.jpg
    20131127_102213.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 41
It's one of the Artcise, I will get you exact model when I get back to it. Running the Spartan Davros Pro with it on that one, ARCA on the bigger one.

My smaller one is the CS80C w/the Kimber out front. Larger one is the CS90C. They have a CS60C too but I think stability is going to drop off quite a bit. The CS80C is a slightly less stable than the CS90C but about a pound lighter and more compact. A buddy of mine is shorter and usually doesn't extend the lower leg sections at all. It's more stable when those sections are collapsed. The CS series is a compact head without the bowl at the apex.

20211213_091905.jpg