TriggerTech vs Jewell

Having used both, I like the innovative design and clean break of the Trigger Tech, but the imperceptible over-travel design was a show stopper for me. Surely a matter of personal preference, but I like the bullet out of the barrel before my finger/trigger hits hard bottom. I find a sufficient over-travel setting to be more forgiving of unconscious follow-through errors for precision shooting, particularly during the rigors of hunting and PRS competition. The Jewel continues to be my favorite trigger.

Having used both, I like the innovative design and clean break of the Trigger Tech, but the imperceptible over-travel design was a show stopper for me. Surely a matter of personal preference, but I like the bullet out of the barrel before my finger/trigger hits hard bottom. I find a sufficient over-travel setting to be more forgiving of unconscious follow-through errors for precision shooting, particularly during the rigors of hunting and PRS competition. The Jewel continues to be my favorite trigger.

I could not agree with this more. Some people are so set in their thinking of no overtravel is better they won't even listen to this. They can't even give one good reason to have zero overtravel. Too each his own but this is the one and only reason I will not run a TT. I find it humorous the BixNAndy triggers have no overtravel adjustment but they have quite a bit of overtravel.

..... I find it humorous the BixNAndy triggers have no overtravel adjustment but they have quite a bit of overtravel.

I don't understand what you mean by saying it's "humorous". I was thinking about buying a couple of these triggers.

I don't understand what you mean by saying it's "humorous". I was thinking about buying a couple of these triggers.

BixNAndy may very well be the best trigger money can buy. They understand overtravel in a bolt gun trigger is a good thing. TT does not get it and most rifle shooters don't either. Now I really couldn't care less what others use but you can't give a single good reason to have zero overtravel(in a bolt rifle) and Greyfox pointed out why you would want to have some overtravel.

I've got some of each. I like my Jewels but have had stopages. At our last F- Class shoot there were two stopages that I know of with Jewels due to rain. Not dirt, not dust, just rain. Mine wasn't among them.
I've never had a problem with my Trigger Techs. On a hunting rifle I just need it to work everytime and break clean. What happens after 70-90 grains of powder gets lit doesn't matter much.

I've gone to B&A because I like over-travel. That is, enough that it does not ever come into mind. I also like some travel into sear release, as this keeps me from mutating into a jabbing pull.
Basically, I like butter into and beyond sear release -with a very light pull (a few ounces).

Jewel has a nice trigger don't get me wrong but they are harder to setup compared to a TT and honestly the TT is "crisper" feeling to me. I like the "primary" trigger. TT is priced way more competitive and the ease of adjustability is superior. I think the flat primary has an amazingly light feeling pull weight and they are super crisp. If I was going to buy a jewel. I'd spend a bit more and get a two-stage Huber (love that trigger)
Geissele should be shipping from Brownell in September and they are bragging it up too. I love their aR offerings so I imagine their 700 lineup will be a hit! I got a two-stage on pre-order

I should dig up the picture of the Mark X pro that broke right off on me. Pot metal with a hole drilled through it. What could go wrong.

My first impressions of the CE were good with high hopes but after using for 100 rounds or so it just did not feel as nice as the Jewell and I really don't feel the TT belongs in the same category so maybe I am not the one to go by. The TT feels great if you are trying to impress your friends with the little creep(good) and no overtravel(not good) but I will stick with some overtravel(dwell) to get the bullet out of the barrel before my finger slams into the trigger stop.

I like my ce better than the tt primary.
The next 700 trigger I buy will most likely be another Calvin elite

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.