Jewel vs Triggertech

We had this discussion a month ago. Covered pretty well there. You want a TriggerTech Diamond - then flat or curved, Single or two stage up to you. I like the flat two-stage

To get below 1-1/2lbs you need a Diamond. No problem after that. Either of these will go below 1/2lb easily. The one on the left is in my chassis and is SWEET. The two stage is nice especially when you get light as it allows you to cover the trigger without accidentally sending one.

View attachment 237541

Both are excellent triggers, but I prefer the TT because of the simplicity of changing pull weight. However, I read something about them only being designed for custom (properly timed) actions.

Last edited:
You know we are splitting hairs here.. Chevy, Dodge, Ford.... ha ha.. I own all of them and like all for different reasons.. I can set the Jewell down to very low weight. The Trigger tech is sealed better for hunting conditions if you don't want to clean much.. Bix and Andy has a feel that I enjoy better than any.. Timney is a solid trigger..... Personally you can't really go wrong.. Pick your application and go for it.. Me I don't like a bunch for overtravel.. pretty solid stop is good for me. My last build got the Bix and Andy Tach sport, Love it...

What if I added the Bix n Andy Tacsport Pro and the Elftman Precision Trigger. Looking to be adjustable from oz to pounds....would really like a safety that isolates trigger from the action....like the Jewell.

I have a Big Horn Origin L/A on the way.....looking for a trigger.

Im looking for a trigger that adjusts safely from 0.5lb - 2.25 lbs. This is kind of a wish range. I think I would like 4-8 oz when shooting off the bench and about 1.75-2.25lb in the field. The point of this post is that there is more to a trigger than weight.

Weight is important, but I need the safety to be absolutely reliable. I also want a nice crisp short pull with very good resistance to jarring off. I get that super light triggers maybe more sensitive and that is ok as long as it is hunting safe at 1.5lb.

I have used Triggertech, Timney, Geisslle and Jard in the past. Timney for my Win 70 is so far my favorite overall.

I'm basically down to:

I haven't really considered a 2 stage yet...

Any thoughts on this...I'm leaning towards Jewel as their reputation is quite good.
I have both. A jewel trigger with safety on my Remington 700 Mil spec 5R, and a jewel trigger without safety on my Eliseo-Borden tube gun. I was thinking of having a safety on my tube gun. However, Jim Borden advised that I don't really need a safety for trigger below 8 oz pull because you can't rely on it. I also have a double stage fix trigger pull TT on my AR308 and the TT Diamond single stage on my MPA-IMPACT Precision tactical rifle. They both work great and I like them. Jewel have more range when it comes adjustability and needs a little maintenance once in a blue moon. I haven't tried Jim's statement about the safety may be someone else in here have experience on that. I prefer the wide trigger pro on TT and the almost travel free super crisp trigger pull. I thought my Jewel trigger is travel free until I use the TT Diamond. If it's going to a bench rest rifle where the lowest trigger pull is desired I'll go with jewel otherwise it's TT. I think you can't go wrong with both. Good luck.

I will never buy triggertech again. Had one in an AR and it fractured internally. Looked like metal fatigue, even though rather new. Fracture caused gun to lock up. Had to be totally disassembled to remove the trigger. But here's the crucial point: I offered to send it back to triggertech so they could examine the fault and maybe make some engineering changes. "Naw, don't bother" was their word for word response. That ended it for me. Had the rifle failed in a dangerous situation, I'd be dead. For the company to not care was a forever deal breaker for me.
YMMV. Good luck if you buy.

I use all 3. Of them I prefer the break of the Bix, with Jewell a close 2nd. I dont personally care for the TT feel. I have had issues with all of them, but in general they are all quite reliable and Id not say one was better of worse in that regard. My personal rifles all use Bix tac sport pros or Jewells. If your a Timney guy and like them, you will like the TT and its a better trigger than a Timney. Timneys rob too much ignition energy.

I guess I didn't update, but I ordered the Jewel HVR.
Nice. After having a couple timneys, a couple TT's, and a Jewel, all are good and all feel great when properly tuned up, but I like the Jewel. As Grayfox said, I like to be able to have some overtravel. It has been explained to me by people much more experienced/intelligent than myself, that if you have too little overtravel, it can actually cause your finger to hit the back wall of the trigger pull prior to the bullet exiting the barrel, and can sometimes cause flyers. So a certain amount of overtravel is actually a good thing. May not feel as good when dry firing, but you dont really feel the overtravel when shooting, which is the only time that matters. In my mind, the simplicity of the TT is also a downfall, you cannot adjust overtravel. The trigger pull does feel really good though, and they have never failed me in my relatively limited use. Between the Jewel and the Timney's, the Jewel just feels better and more consistent to me.

I have Canjar, Timney, Jard, TT, and around a dozen or so Jewells…….Jewell is my hands down favorite! I flush them with lighter fluid during or after the dry, dusty South Texas Hunting Season and have never had an issue with any them other than TT and Timney not adjusting down to the claimed minimum weight.