Transferring Jobs , What to do near Olympia Wa

craiger40

Fellas,

I am transferring to Elma Washington from Fort Worth Texas and need some ideas for things to do if i get free time. I really enjoy Hunting, shooting and basically just being outdoors. I will really need a place to get out and shoot some long range targets.

Thanks for any advice.

Craig McCoy

Tx too olympia? U are going to have some "social issuez" haha good luck is all i can say. The peninsela is close to you but u will have to do what the rest of us do and go.to eastern wa! This state sucks for hunters period! Sorry boss!

midnightmalloy,

I was raised most of my life in Eastern Washington but have spent the last ten years here in Texas. I now know why during Elk season the population doubles in Eastern Washington, because everyone from the "other" side came there to hunt. In the last ten years of living in Texas i have only been back to Washington to hunt once but i have hunted Idaho many times. I really like Idaho hunting a lot more than Washington but since i will once again be a resident i will have to find ways to enjoy whats around me. Just smashing some song dogs or any kind of hunting and shooting will be enjoyed. The lack of long range gun ranges kinda sucks but at least i will able able to find some place to shoot way out there. Any specific ideas or area to check out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Boy I'd head east as fast as possible Friday night, and only come back begrudgingly late Sunday.

Have never lived in the Olympia area, but due to my job I'm in the blob that is Lacey up to Everett more than I like.

Lived in the Willamette valley a few years ago, same politics different state, bought a little civic and loaded the guns, would go shooting or camping in the eastern side of things every weekend.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.