Does anyone know of a place to shoot near Moscow, ID

true1911

I recently moved to Moscow, Id and am having a very difficult time finding a place to chronograph, or even sight in a rifle closer than 40 miles. I can't seem to find any BLM or Forest service within easy driving distance. Anyone know of anything within 10-15 miles of town? Landowners I could ask or trade. I'd really like to find somewhere I could shoot even a 100 yards.

Thanks.

iwn there and he said he just started asking land owners. i would say if you could find a piece just out side of town where there is a lot of open land that would be the place to ask and maybe offer your trade of labor or what ever they may need help with and i am sure you could fine a shooting spot maybe a hunting spot if needed

There are actually a lot of places to shoot and you can get some really good distance in around this area. I am located in Orofino just 45 mins away and I like to shoot actually just 20 mins outside Moscow. Shoot me a PM and I will give you some specific info.

Also talk to Chuck up at Sureshot sporting goods near Tri-State outfitters.

Regards,
Ken

If I recall right when I went to a football recruiting trip at the university there and we had to run a huge mountain right next to the campus. I dont recall if it is in city limits or not. that was 20 years ago though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.