Does anyone know of a place to shoot near Moscow, ID

Discussion in 'West' started by true1911, Mar 29, 2012.

1. true1911

true1911 Well-Known Member

I recently moved to Moscow, Id and am having a very difficult time finding a place to chronograph, or even sight in a rifle closer than 40 miles. I can't seem to find any BLM or Forest service within easy driving distance. Anyone know of anything within 10-15 miles of town? Landowners I could ask or trade. I'd really like to find somewhere I could shoot even a 100 yards.

Thanks.

2. calib

calib Well-Known Member

iwn there and he said he just started asking land owners. i would say if you could find a piece just out side of town where there is a lot of open land that would be the place to ask and maybe offer your trade of labor or what ever they may need help with and i am sure you could fine a shooting spot maybe a hunting spot if needed

3. Kahles USA

Kahles USA Member

There are actually a lot of places to shoot and you can get some really good distance in around this area. I am located in Orofino just 45 mins away and I like to shoot actually just 20 mins outside Moscow. Shoot me a PM and I will give you some specific info.

Also talk to Chuck up at Sureshot sporting goods near Tri-State outfitters.

Regards,
    Ken

4. 300 ultra

300 ultra Well-Known Member

If I recall right when I went to a football recruiting trip at the university there and we had to run a huge mountain right next to the campus. I dont recall if it is in city limits or not. that was 20 years ago though.