West WA place to shoot

Discussion in 'West' started by Short On Cache, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Short On Cache

Short On Cache Member

I'm a soldier new to JBLM (Ft Lewis). I'm trying to find a place to shoot my rifle at least 500 yards. Any ideas?

2. BrowningBanger

BrowningBanger Active Member

The only idea I could think of would be head into Capitol Forest, or some of the endless logging areas near Montesano. The clear cuts offer amazing sightlines and the wind usually isn's bad. Hope this helps a little.

3. Wade 74

Wade 74 New Member

Eatonville has a gun range that goes out to 6 or 800 yards. I can't remember which. Friendly folks and the cost wasn't outrageous. Capitol forest has some areas to shoot, but it is also full of people. Not unsafe to shoot, just not the solitude I like while I am in the woods. The other option is a weekend trip to the other side of the mountains. There are some places east of the cascades to stretch your limits.

4. tCarter

tCarter Well-Known Member

Pe Ell Sportsmans Club goes out to 500M. It would be a bit of a drive for you but it is only $25 per year if you pay before March. It is a real nice range, especially for the money.

5. Jfive

Jfive Member

Anyone know a spot where I can shoot near tri cities. This warmer weather has me craving to get out.